Winged Warrior Hotel Options

Alright - you guys decide. We’ve got 2 options:

1. We stay outside the City
  • Closer to the track
  • Costs less (Under $100 per night for a room)
  • Less to do
  1. We stay in the City
  • Further (by 20 minutes or so) from the track
  • Costs more (~ $200 per night for a room)
  • Much more to do, all within walking (stumbling) distance

I really don’t mind either way. The higher cost for rooms in the city can be offset by putting more people in them (like Carlisle) so that’s what I’ve chosen. And the city has some PIMP hotels.

do you have any links to the hotels?

If you go to Hotels.com and look for places in Indianapolis, that’s the best way to check them all out.

But there are 6 in the city center:

The Conrad LINK
Radisson City Center LINK
Hilton Garden Inn LINKHyatt Regency LINK
Canterbury LINK
Omni Severin LINK

I was looking at staying at The Conrad. This is HOT:

http://www.hotels.com/hotels/IND_CRAD-lobby-1.jpg

josh, ya did it again here

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/f8/BB-Stewart.jpg

lol fixed

Well both have their merits, and being in the city would make night time more fun as we wouldn’t need someone to DD everyone around. And a 30 minute drive isn’t bad at all. However I think I screwed my vote up and accidentally clicked outside, when I meant to click inside as I obviously suck at life, and can’t fix it.

Should be good as long as I can get similar arrangements by sharing a room like at Carlisle. With how things are going though I’m not sure if I’ll have the Shadow ready with enough of a cushion “in case shit” fund as it still needs a good deal of work.

outside the city. find a hotel/motel to absolutely take over by the group going from here. i think that would be a better time. no drinking and driving for those that drink, less costs and more fun which i think everyone can agree with.

^^ Makes sense, but if we want to head into the city Fri or Sat night we need to find someone to drive people.

rent a bus? i mean why not, i don’t see it being all that hard … or expensive.

OR just not get stupid drunk :shrug:

Being that i plan on going, I am more than happy to drive you drunkards around since i am not of age.

im all about stumbling around at night and a good cruise to the track in the morning. i vote in the city

Outside the city cheaper is a + but, most important to me will be parking lot security ether way. I don’t want to have all our cars in a busy parking lot, dings and prying eyes.

so long as we have a bar in walking distance I’m good

Either or, I stayed outside of the city on GP weekend last year but it’s not much of a drive and we spent nearly all our time downtown.

just get a cab/hotle shuttle if thats a option

whats the price difference

nvm saw the edit

me and justin will probaby be at the hilton just waiting for my dad to stop being lazyu and book the room/ let me know the price

I didn’t need to go out when we were in toronto to get drunk…i was already wasted before we left for the bars. I think the power hour of 11+ shots is what did it.

So either way, i don’t care. I’ll probably just go bowling somewhere anyway.