Ultimate Pittspeed Meet

Alright, so im sitting around in the hotel being bored off y ass, talkin with whitey on AIM and i got an idea…

June 5-6, here in Ocean City, is the Ocean City Import Car and Truck Show. Last year, there was an attendance of 15,000 people, and 700 cars entered in the show. I went, and there were definately some nice cars there. Heres what im thinking. Carlisle is no longer what it once was. Its gonna be indoors, no alcohol. I checked hotels.com, and most of those rooms are around 70 a night. I have rooms here at the hotel for $50 a night on the weekend, $35 a night on the weekdays. They have 2 double beds, and we dont charge any more per person. Its a 6 hour drive (of you drive slow) to Ocean City, and about a 4 hour drive to Harrisburg. So if we do 4 people per room, thats $25 a person for the weekend. I know thats a hell of a lot less than what i paid at carlisle. And usually you are gonna be paying close to $150-200 a night in Ocean City in the summer. If anyone wants to make a week of it, there are special weekly rates, or if you just dont feel like driving home on sunday night, you can always stay an extra few nights for $35 a night.

I can book us all together. We are also building a 100 person Pavilion so we can have cookouts and shit. Another nice thing, this hotel is NOT right in downtown Ocean City… Its right on the other side of the drawbridge for everyone who has ever been down here before… Downtown its supercramped, and you usually have to park on the street, or in some crappy little parking lot. Theres plenty of parking here, and its away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. Nobody to key or puke on your ride. Imagine all the fun of Carlisle, except when you get sick of looking at all the rice cars, you can go to the beach, the boardwalk, laser tag, 100’s of awesome bars… all the amenities of the biggest resoprt town on the East Coast. I just wanted to gauge the interest all you guys have. Personally, I think it would be cool as hell, and a LOT more fun than carlisle… On the ride down you get to play around in either the DC or Balt metro traffic (which is always fun) and its a lot more interesting of a drive than the boring ass Turnpike.

Oh, and there were lots of doemstics last year as well, so dont all you LS1 boys feel left out.

here’s some links:

OC Car Show: www.occarshow.com

Francis Scott Key Motel: www.fskmotel.com

OC website: www.ococean.com

OC Convention Center (venue): www.ococean.com/cc.html

Seacrets (complete replica of a internationally know bar in Jamaica:) www.seacrets.com

i’m in sounds cool

I also posted this on Pittracing, and im gonna try and post it on the SCR site as well, barring any objections. Can you guys think of any other groups that are worthy? Also, if someone could Sticky this, it would be appreciated.

I will be living in CT by then but it might be worth flying down. :smiley:

I am in for a week long stay!!! awesome idea Mike!!

Originally posted by whitey
I am in for a week long stay!!! awesome idea Mike!!

:cool:

I did fuck up on some of the rates though… I was looking at the rates for 2003 and they changed a bit for 2004.

We have 6 rooms with one Double Bed… they are going for $50 a night on the weekends, $35 a night during the week…

we have 37 rooms with 2 double beds. they are $74 a night on the weekends, $63 during the week.

This is all assuing i cant get us a special rate… which i very well may be able too…

I also saw another thing while I was looking up the reservations… There is a group under the name of Mason Dixon Chevy classic that have a bunch of rooms booked for the same weekend. they are all of the expensive rooms though.

Oh, and i also forgot to mention that there will be tons of chicks in town… Senior Week… :cool:

Originally posted by VictorSmalls
I will be living in CT by then but it might be worth flying down. :smiley:

the Ocean City Municipal Airport is a 3 minute drive from the hotel… i believe The Franchise has flown in and out of there before… its pretty nice. Ive been up in planes here before as well… absolutely awesome views…

they also have skydiving out of the Ocean City airport, if that interests anybody…

sounds like a really good time. hopefully my funds will allow me, but i dont think the stang will be making its way down unless i get a tranny and save a ton for gas

like Mike said I flew in and out of t OXB 4 times this year for 2-3 day trips. Its only a 2.25 hour flight in a Cessna 172. I’d be willing to rent a C172 and fly 3 other guys down if everyone splits the costs, else I will def fly down in a 2 seater C152 :smiley:

Originally posted by thefranchise
like Mike said I flew in and out of t OXB 4 times this year for 2-3 day trips. Its only a 2.25 hour flight in a Cessna 172. I’d be willing to rent a C172 and fly 3 other guys down if everyone splits the costs, else I will def fly down in a 2 seater C152 :smiley:
how much are costs?

prob would cost ~$100 a person for a roundtrip

hmm not bad. and beats driving 5 hrs

Originally posted by BlkP42E
hmm not bad. and beats driving 5 hrs

no way!!!..

i’m game to drive and i’ll even put the back seats in the dub for people taht are to fucking lazy to drive…

… or buttstang owners that can’t rely on their car further than the oil burning out their exhaust… :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by turbovw18
no way!!!..

i’m game to drive and i’ll even put the back seats in the dub for people taht are to fucking lazy to drive…

… or buttstang owners that can’t rely on their car further than the oil burning out their exhaust… :stuck_out_tongue:
I can’t ride with u??:frowning: :frowning:

hmmm… i get 3 weeks of vacation from good ol’ UPS this year. This may be possible.

i got a slow 4 door that can hall asses as well!!!

Originally posted by Pewterss
I can’t ride with u??:frowning: :frowning:
when you help me get that exhaust / dump tube on i’ll owe ya … you can ride with me… but you have to sit upfront… i don’t want the rear to rub :grouphug:

Originally posted by turbovw18
when you help me get that exhaust / dump tube on i’ll owe ya … you can ride with me… but you have to sit upfront… i don’t want the rear to rub :grouphug:
:mad:

could be a ton of fun just not sure if i can drop that kind of coin

sounds cool just not my cup of tea. i wouldn’t even mind the imports so much but trucks…:thumbsdow