June 5-6 OC Import Show

Just wanted to refresh everyones minds about coming down here to OC for the big ass import show. Also just found out that there is a chevy show here on the grounds of the hotel that same weekend. I also have some updated rates. I can get us in rooms with two double beds for $74 a night weekend rate, $63 weekday rate. We can cram as many people as we want into each room without any increase in cost… so if we want to put 6 people in each room, it comes down $12/night per person. this is cheaper than carlisle, as most of those rooms go for over $100/night. Think about it, you get a cheap weekend at the beach, you get to see a import show close to the size of carlisle, thousands of hotties in bikini’s, drunk senior week chicks lookin to hook up, awesome night life for the over 21 crowd, cops arent gonna be total cocks like at carlisle, i know tons of places to set up street races, theres an awesome place to cruise and get into some stoplight action, no giant traffic jams like carlisle… anyways, heres more info cut and paste from an earlier thread.

June 5-6, here in Ocean City, is the Ocean City Import Car and Truck Show. Last year, there was an attendance of 15,000 people, and 700 cars entered in the show. I went, and there were definately some nice cars there.

I can book us all together. We are also building a 100 person Pavilion so we can have cookouts and shit. Another nice thing, this hotel is NOT right in downtown Ocean City… Its right on the other side of the drawbridge for everyone who has ever been down here before… Downtown its supercramped, and you usually have to park on the street, or in some crappy little parking lot. Theres plenty of parking here, and its away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. Nobody to key or puke on your ride. Imagine all the fun of Carlisle, except when you get sick of looking at all the rice cars, you can go to the beach, the boardwalk, laser tag, 100’s of awesome bars… all the amenities of the biggest resoprt town on the East Coast. I just wanted to gauge the interest all you guys have. Personally, I think it would be cool as hell, and a LOT more fun than carlisle… On the ride down you get to play around in either the DC or Balt metro traffic (which is always fun) and its a lot more interesting of a drive than the boring ass Turnpike.

Oh, and there were lots of doemstics last year as well, so dont all you LS1 boys feel left out.

here’s some links:

OC Car Show: www.occarshow.com

Francis Scott Key Motel: www.fskmotel.com

OC website: www.ococean.com

OC Convention Center (venue): www.ococean.com/cc.html

bumpage

count my white ass in

Booze,bithces and speed:bigthumb:

Imports:rolleyes: Might be fun,but fuck the show theres titties a beach and beer:D

Sounds :cool: plus I really need a vacation or get out of this area for a few days. Haven’t been to the beach since I was 10 :frowning:

Originally posted by 97greengtp
Sounds :cool: plus I really need a vacation or get out of this area for a few days. Haven’t been to the beach since I was 10 :frowning:
They haven,t changed much lately:D

Originally posted by SleeperGTP
They haven,t changed much lately:D
Well now at least I can get into the clubs/bars down there now. :beer:

when’s senior week? there are so many hot chics that week it’s unbelievable and i thought it was in early june or late may :confused:

Originally posted by rookee
when’s senior week? there are so many hot chics that week it’s unbelievable and i thought it was in early june or late may :confused:

same week as the car show. and tons doesnt even come close to describing it.

the hole to pole ration is 1000000000000000000000:1

I’ll try, but I’m getting back to Pittsburgh fron San Diego on the afternoon of the fifth, so I’d have to drive down that night…

Holy shit…I could spend my morning in the Pacific and my evening in the Atlantic…

Originally posted by michaelblanyer
I’ll try, but I’m getting back to Pittsburgh fron San Diego on the afternoon of the fifth, so I’d have to drive down that night…

Holy shit…I could spend my morning in the Pacific and my evening in the Atlantic…

:cool:

it was a blast last year man… standin on the sidewalk taking footage ofsome ricersgoin at it from a stoplight, then all of the sudden a R32 pulls into the parking lot that were standing in…

dont see that shit every day!

Originally posted by Darkstar

it was a blast last year man… standin on the sidewalk taking footage ofsome ricersgoin at it from a stoplight, then all of the sudden a R32 pulls into the parking lot that were standing in…

dont see that shit every day!

i’ll see what i can do.

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS im gonna be down there the same week WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

im seriously considering coming down that weekend…as long as the 240 is ready to rock.

Originally posted by 1320
im seriously considering coming down that weekend…as long as the 240 is ready to rock.

9 months from then there will be little darkstars and little Kolars popping out all over the east coast.

:bigthumb:

!DArkstar!

Im calling around for a room tonight. What are the going rates and availablity for a double Fri, Sat, Sun nights (Jun 4-6)???

Originally posted by scfb518t
!DArkstar!

Im calling around for a room tonight. What are the going rates and availablity for a double Fri, Sat, Sun nights (Jun 4-6)???

tonight? Well, im not at work, so im not 100% sure. I know my hotel is just about booked to the max. Lots of shit goin on in town that weekend. Senior week + import show + some other shit…

Hannibal just cancelled his room, theres a chance it didnt get re-booked yet. As for finding a place anywhere else in town, good luck. We are almost always the last place to sell out.

I could get you in that room for $89 a night though if its not re-booked already.

Call the hotel. Tell them you heard from Mike that there might be a ranch room still available that weekend.

1-800-213-0088

EDIT: How many people are coming with ya? I have a room reserved under my name, and SP71Supra just booked one under his name as well, so we will have those 2 rooms for sure. I dont know how many people he is bringing down with him, but i dont have anyone but me crashing in my room so far, so worst case scenario you can crash in my room.

^depending on what the others have to say…I really dont care but considering: Convention Center = 40th st, (30th-60thst > other side of the draw bridge) x9375475993234178

Originally posted by scfb518t
^depending on what the others have to say…I really dont care but considering: Convention Center = 40th st, (30th-60thst > other side of the draw bridge) x9375475993234178

Ocean City is 10 miles from 145th street to the inlet, probably about 170 blocks total.

To get from the drawbridge to 40th street is probably less than 2 miles. :slap: I can get from my house deep in West OC to the convention center in less than 15 minutes, it could be done in less in the winter when all the lights are blinking yellow and theres no traffic.

There are plenty of other disadvantages staying right in OC…

People fuck with cars. Theres a good chance some drunk will piss/puke on your car, key your car, or break into is, that is all assuming you can actualy find a place to park it.

Ocean City cops are real assholes. And they’ll be in cracking skulls mode with the import show and the senior week kids being down.

underage kids + import cars + booze = drunken idiots trying to impress girls and doing all sorts of stupid shit = massive police presence.