NYC trip.... questions

What can one expect to pay for flight. room. food. shopping excluded…

i’ve never been there?

any things one can say is absolutely worth seeing? doing? anybody have any hook ups?

id like to go check out the city and I may have some job opportunities there and id love a vacation?

i found jet blue flights for 2 people there and back for 300 bucks after taxes and fees. Hotels at the cheapest seem to be around 80 a night…?

recommendations?

I may make a thread for vegas shortly too… so if you have any insight there too… feel free to throw it in here… xoxox
thanks

i moved out of the area now…but… i’d drive… jfk airport meh. and i wouldnt want to stay in the city either…unless you want to pay $$ and/or have a shared bathroom. i’d stay right outside the city in North Bergen/Weehawken etc…

then again - that’s me.

Go see times square…and see it at night at well…ellis island isn’t really worth the 25 dollar cab ride… but if you do go- get there early, tickets are sold out early. it happened to me.

china town…take one walk down it, get shoved in an attic to buy a purse…good experience…

eat the pizza.

that’s all i got. howie should help u out more…

awesome lol… thanks… this is exactly what im looking to hear… are my prices reasonable? or should i search more… ?

80 bucks for a hotel room is great… my brother just went and stayed at howard johnson in north bergen for 113… soo yeah it’s good.

and 150 pp for flight is good if your traveling SOON… they are obviously cheaper in advance… you could also fly into Newark if you plan on renting a car.

is that worth it? i want this to be a stress free weekend away… the person im going with if i go has been there before… im just looking at the cost analysis to see how much free cash i should have on hand. boy am i glad i didnt buy a new car yet lol

Interpid Air/Space Museum on board aircraft carrier docked at pier
Empire State Building
SoHo … restaurants, boutiques, Elmwood like but more interesting
If you are a Club rat like me there are tons of crazy places to get banged up and see hot ass
Jones Beach… bit cold now tho
Central Park
There is something going on at Bryant Park pretty often, usually Modeling shows
Montauk is really nice but very far
Port Jefferson… still far

i stay in fairfield NJ holiday inn, 80 a night, then take the bus into port athority. i beliebe its like 7 buckd for the bus trip.

flight - 300
hotel-300
cabs - try to walk as much as possible 100
food- 3 days - 175
= 875

that’s what i would spend in 3 days minus shopping and all that NYC shit

are u saying 875 split between 2 people?

they towed the intrepid museum away, the aircraft carrier was sinking into the mud and shit, it’s gone

btw “just outside the city in weehawken” = NJ = TRASH lol

Ground Zero is still pretty cool to go too if you have never seen it.
Walk the Brooklyn Bridge
Wall Street
Ranger Game
Time Square for sure

It might be trash to stay outside the city…but it’s cheaper…and you’ll never be at your hotel room anyways…you’ll be in NYC the whole time. but the howard johnson was fine my brother said.

and yes 875 b/w 2 ppl if your hotel/flight costs are accurate… .probably a bit more for food…unless u eat cheap (pizza, sub places etc)

jet blue has flights from 150 post taxes per person… 150x2 = 300
80 bucks x 3 nights or 2 nights… who knows… 240 or 160
food and drink… figuring… 200-300 ish
cab fair/bus/subway fair… need help here… no clue
shopping expense… who knows… depends

maxish without my ?'s 840… for 2 people… thats not bad… i bet it could be less. depending on how baller i’m feeling

im not into the club scene… but beer will be a must im sure… any bar will do for that… any suggestions there… can you pretty much walk or ride a bus/subway anywhere? is 2 nights 3 days enough to see the city?

WTF is everyone saying all this junk about cabs. Use the Subway! Go to Museums while you’re at it. The Metro Museum of Art and Museum of Natural History are across the park from each other. Makes for a good way to spend part of the day. Plus… the Metropolitan Museum of Art is on 5th Ave. You can shop up and down that and Madison Ave if you want… but that’s some pretty heavy coinage so it’s good experience just window shopping there. Go to Soho/Union Square area for shopping. Lots of cool shops over there and that’s where most of NYU hangs out too. Some nice bars also.

The Intrepid is a really cool place to go… especially if someone is in town for the Auto Show since it’s basically right next door. That said, you have to pay to get into it as opposed to the Museums I listed (on weekdays only I think). I donated like $3 the last time I went even though that there is a sign that says “suggested donation $16” or something.

As for those other places… that’s all Long Island. Especially Montauk which is a good 3+ hour drive from NYC. If you’re going to do that you might as well hit up the North Fork of LI and do some wine tasting (I did some this past weekend and it was amazing) since it’s the season for it. That said… LI and those places (amongst others) is a whole other trip in itself.

^ truth… i just started using the subways the last few times we went…

supa cheap. 2 bucks a ride one way about i think.

It really depends on what you are into. I mean if you dont go to the high priority tourist traps, you can go there pretty cheap. IF you book in advance on Jet Blue you can fly in and out for maybe 69 each way.

Also, for hotel, you can stay at small ones…i forgot the name of one i had but it was upper west side Manhattan and it was like $30 a night and isn’t too bad.

Travel is simple too. If you are there for a few days, get a day pass each day for the subway and a tourist map of the trains. Its the easiest way to get around NYC if you know how to read a map and cheap too. I think a day pass is like $7.

If you wanna go to shows, tours to the empire state, etc. that can start running your costs up. I know food in the city isnt too bad either if you go to the right place. A salad at lunch at Barneys will run you 46 bucks while a lunch in Manhattan around the corner can be 8.

I’d drive there before I flew there. It’d be way cheaper. And if you stayed outside NY, like say… Nyack or something, it’d be cheaper too.

Don’t use taxi’s ever…they are expensive use the subway
Get a nice hotel in a nice area, then you will travel a lot less
go to little italy, china town,
I had a hotel in the finacial distric for 140 a night…super nice slighly baller
st patrics cathidral
central park
soho
pizza
little bagel shops
walk everwhere there are loads of cool things to see

remeber when you drive its ~30 or more to store the car a day