00 sliverado Driveshaft problem

soo my idiot friend today is driving his lil bro to work, hes on 28 and the truck started vibrating hard core, soo he still goes, driving it, then bang, the driveshaft falls completly off…

soo heres the thing, the bolts around the u joint going into the rear end, still on, the front of the driveshaft seems to have bent were it holds the u joint in place, soo idk what really happened…

the truck is lifted 6 inches, i was wonderin, is it the stock driveshaft still, or does it need to be replaced with a longer one??

truck is a 2000 1500 with a 5.3 tires are only 32inches hes getting 35’s

soo somebody please help, he got the truck with the lift on it!! its a Superlift lift kit

should stillbe a stock driveshaft…

thanks thats what its looking like, he will need a new one

lifted 6" was that too much of a pinion angle for the ujoints to compensate?

6" on a shortbed truck is getting pretty close, atleast that was my experiance with mine. i lowered the transfer case need lowered to compensate for it. this was on a older truck. if this is a ext. cab or long bed it should be fine

reg. cab shortbed

so the driveshaft came completely off? does the end just slide into the transfer case? what was he doing when it happened. if he hit the brakes, and it came apart, then it may be alittle short. but i’m not familar with the new junk, i know the older trucks. pre-88 chevy’s

its cause of the lift. serve pinion angles will reak havoic on DSs

You may want to bite the bullet and do a double cardan on that short of a setup. Island Spring and Shaft does good work at reasonable prices. They’re on Neville Island.

just driving on 28 and it started klunking and vibrattin, then it droped, and the ujoint came out of the end that slides into the transfer case, soo idk wtf he did

huh??? whats double cardan??

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking…

A double cardan is when you mount two universal joints in close proximity to each other, which creates a cv-joint so you don’t chew up universals.

http://www.rblewis.net/personal/bronco/driveshaft/714f.jpg

ahh thank u very much, illl let him know

Jackdup know all about driveshaft vibrations:rolleyes:
but more than likely the pinion angle is the culprit.
have used superlift and not too happy with their products
Also roll the rear end up adjusting the pinion using shims BUT make sure and use Steel shims instead of aluminum since they hold up much better.