Drive Shaft Problems

see what happened was i launched it pretty hard. and the ujoints on the back side of the driveshaft (connecting to diff) snapped basically. So i’m stuck on the road and i go pushing it in reverse to park it on the side…(there was a slight hill so my only option was to push it backwards.) so im pushing and pushing… and the backend of my driveshaft hit some sort of crack in the road and snapped my front ujoints that connect to the center support.

OK after changing out the blown u joints and puttin’ in the new ones i go to connect my driveshaft. i line my markings up and i go to screw in the bolts… the front connects fine to the center support… but when i wanna connect the back i have a gap. the screws wont even go threw all the way.

does this sound like my engine shifted or can it be something else???

Did you just use your same driveshaft again? I doubt it would’ve pushed the motor forward, but check you didn’t damage the shaft. The carrier bearing would’ve bent/shifted before anything else…

mabey u bent ur driveshaft

If he bent it so far it was that much too short, it should be more than clearly visible, but it’s possible.

its not bent at all. no clear signs indicating towards that… brb

you can slide the drive shaft in and out a bit where it goes into the back of the transmission that should make up for the gap… double check that its not to far out of the tranny. you may have pushed your engine forward when the drive shaft hit the road.

ok nvm… got it fit…