01 Grand PRix Wierd fan.

a friend here at work’s girlfriends 01 87k mi. Grand prix GT Died the other day.

and upon replacing the battery to try to figure out the non start issue.
there is a wierd FAN noise that turns on UNDER the air box. It is not the electric fans on the radiator and it is not the defroster but under the driver side front fender.

I have no idea what this Fan like motor sound is that is coming from the driverside headlight front fender area, does anyone know what this might be and what would be turning it on when the Key is in the acc possistion. ?

Air box Ram air supercharger??? GODDAM GEneral motors product.

and ITS awesome to have a autotragic car that you cant get into neutral with a dead battery. trying to push this dead car into a garage is a pita.

Their is nothing under the airbox, but the PCM is in the airbox. Although I cant say Ive ever herd a noise out of my PCM.

uppon removing the airbox and the headlight. it might be coming from a Electric water pump? or something under the headlight? its wierd that its cycling when the key is out of the ignition but when its in the on possition it turns off.

someone probably dumped green anti freeze in this thing… and its got the GM orange shit.

No water pump under there either. Theres a vac. canister for the evap. system. I dunno if one of the switch/relays for the evap system is under there though.

Where r u at? Im laid off so I have lots of time IF Im not working on cars…lol

im not following. On a stock car there is no electric water pump, the water pump is on the passenger side of the motor and is driven by a belt. The only electrical stuff under the headlight is the fog light. Once the headlight and air box are out you will be able to see into the bumper down to the plastic wheel guard.

Get in touch with this guy^

ya, I cant think of anything under there, in the driver side front corner. foglight/headlight/PCM. the evap purg noil in over the rear vavle cover, and the canister is in the trunck on that car.
passager side the washer bottle, and pump is in there.horns,fuelpump restior.

On the right of the shifter theres a Park lock, Take ther cover off, use a scewdriver to push it. And you can get it out of park with no Key.
And under the ingtion cylinder lock there a acess cover to relase the key, once you put it in with no power it eats it.

AHH! I bet its the horns! Seriously, try honking the horn. One of mine fried and (kinda different situation) but, if I pushed the horn button (steering wheel) it would make weird noises. It might be shorted out. But yeah, PCM, horn, and lights are the only thing over there (stock).