Car making noise

The TA made this noise twice yesterday - when I stopped at the gas station and when I pulled in the garage, both times I was stopped and ready to turn it off. The one time I think it continued for a few seconds after the car was off.

I would describe it as a very loud buzzing, kind of like when you get water hammer in the pipes in a house. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Like that. :slight_smile:

I have no idea what could make that noise. Fans? Fuel pump? HVAC wasn’t on so it’s not that. :dunno:

loose exhaust?

Maybe that’s it. Have to jack it up this evening.

check a/c clutch also!

That Electric Air Pump For Emissions

sorry to hijack, but i think my rear end is starting to make noise sounds like kinda like a deep grinding noise when im pulling out in 1st gear

Didn’t think about the air pump. It’s getting yanked if that’s the problem.

:doh: What was I thinking? Buzzing/grinding noise from the front of a ten year old firebird. Headlight gear!

I’m going to do the free fix for now (rotate the stripped nylon headlight motor gear 180°). For you f-body guys, here’s some details on it in case you ever need it. He has a bronze gear you can buy too.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/

hey jeff,got a metal gear set here

I wasn’t going to order one, but if you have one then I’ll buy it. No use tearing it apart again in another few years.

correct!

Those babies are smoooooooooth now!