02-03 Max good DD?

:jawdrop:

I suffered through my first two driving winters in FWD, I’m very happy to never return. Completely impossible to control and you only have a say in 1/2 your wheels. Id imagine in some semi-lux rwd car you picked up, it would be made very manageable in winter. But to each his own I guess, as long as I dont have to drive it through snow :slight_smile:

U LOVE MY CAR

and you love mine?

4>2 sti winter beater for life.

I DO

:word: but don’t waste your breath, It’s all about the tires anyway. My WRX sucked in the winter till I got good tires for it. It would never get stuck, but that was it. Anyway I dont’ think what wheel drive it is matters, but Poopra is a stubborn when it comes to that stuff.

X…

:word: x20 I hate FWD. The Lincoln is the second FWD I ever had during winter and it sucks. As per the conversation on U-barf about a year ago FWD is worse than RWD to anyone who KNOWS how to drive, hands down everytime. Tires are the key to any drivetrain configuration doing well in the snow. FWD will let ya get away with shitty tires and help you get momentum but other than that your S.O.L. Shit, my MOM does fine in her RWD CTS with no complaints. When she first got it she even drove around with the “sport” tires for the first winter and never wiped out, of course she got some Blizzaks the next season.

People who have never driven or owned RWD in the snow need not comment on this statement.