02 chevy tracker problem

ok this one is weird as hell, gfs tracker ONLY when first started when u start driving it makes this rubbing/grind noise from the front. i cant tell whether its coming from the driver or passenger side, it will ONLY happen when she is driving, when its just idling it will not do it… my dad and i have no idea wtf it is. it will only do it for the first 5 mins of driving it then it will not happen anymore… any ideas?

possible the fan is hitting the shroud? is it a grinding like the compressor clutch is shot for the a/c? is it a 4wd tracker maybe somehting in the front diff is jacked up? try putting it into 2wwd and see if it lingers.

is it when braking or driving. i have seen in cases that when cold ceramic pads can make a growl noise

Engine noise or drivetrain noise?

its when its in 2wd, i was looking at it yesterday and everything int he front is in perfect working order. i think joe is on the right direction at this point… im really leaning towards its a caliper hanging up right now

Hey i’ve got a redone cylinder head for one of those just wasting space on my shelf. had a valve job and the surface decked. if you have a need $50 takes it. suzuki motor 2.0 or 2.4 i think was a 4 valve head

yup, was what i figured… caliper was hanging up