02 Wrangler X~~**Action Pics on Page 3**

hard top and some mud for the winter months

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/mjw4669/02%20Jeep%20Wrangler%20X/1109071635.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/mjw4669/02%20Jeep%20Wrangler%20X/1109071635a.jpg

very nice i should be buying my wrangler today… provided everything pans out (carfax)

the mud protects your paint from the salt :slight_smile:

nice TJ, damn I miss trucks and off-roading now

I want that huge cherokee’s front bumper!

thanks guys.

Im putting in a centerforce dual friction clutch today.

I bought this thing so i could have a nice DD and it turns into as much of a project/toy as everything else i own!!!

questions what kind of mpg are you getting out of her?

expect about 15mpg average, less if you go with bigger tires.

[quote=“91CRXSI,post:65,topic:29163"”]

thanks guys.

Im putting in a centerforce dual friction clutch today.

I bought this thing so i could have a nice DD and it turns into as much of a project/toy as everything else i own!!!

[/quote]

wht u doin wit ur old clutch

my old clutch blew apart on me… and i actually replaced the clutch in your jeep fall of 06 so it should still be good

[quote=“91CRXSI,post:69,topic:29163"”]

my old clutch blew apart on me… and i actually replaced the clutch in your jeep fall of 06 so it should still be good

[/quote]

its still good but it gettin there from offroadin wit it. prob why your blew apart.i wanna upgrade the clutch in mine too because the stock clutch is alright. but i def got that jeep lookin a lot better even after i rolled it. got new rims and tires and new hard top. trail armor should be commin in sometime soon. thats about all im doin for now.

my clutch blew because i broke my engine mount making my engine lean towards the driverside making 1 and 2 impossible to get to… i kept trying to dump the clutch in 3rd gear to get my ass out of the creek i was in and it wasnt havin it. It worked for about 2 weeks after i got the engine mount fixed… then it gave out. All of the fibers from the pressure plate side were no longer connected to the clutch disc.

moral of the story… dont get stupid drunk and go off roading in a creek that you dont know at all. ended up being a $700 night for me and a lot lot of work/downtime… BUT i now have a sweet clutch after a night of work

offroad again ?

What suspension did you end up buying? i am trying to make that decision now

^after working with a couple jeep suspension lifts, I would go straight for the “right” way, which is long arms. And Rubicon lifts are really the best.

T-N-T long arms and RE lifts deff the way to go

I have the Full Traction 3 inch econo lift on there with JKS 1.25 body lift and 1 inch MML. I found this to be the most complete and cost effective way for my get the look and feel i wanted out of my jeep. Anything over 3-3.5 lift on TJ suspension means you have to buy SYE and drive shaft… another $500. The way it is not i can have my sway bars disconnected and my 33’s don’t come close to rubbing.

I obviously dont know what kind of budget you are on, but if its anything like me you just want to get it out there and off road capable and work from there. If so i highly suggest getting a nice lift like mine, some 33’s and GEARS. Gears are what i dont yet have and honestly one of the things that piss me off daily.

Before i touch my suspension again im going to do all the supporting mods for 35 inch tires and see how they do on my lift… if they rub i go a little bigger. If not cool i like what i have.

what i’d like to have before 35’s are on my jeep are:

4.56 gears
ford 8.8 rear end
4-1 low gear
SYE and drive shaft
some sort of LSD/ aussie/ lockers

not till i have that stuff will i find it needed to go to a bigger tire/lift combo

any questions gimme a pm

i really don’t want to go any further than you are right now. this will be my dd and i drive 30 miles one way. i want it to look good and have decent ability for the occasional off-roading trip. how harsh is the ride with the full traction suspension?

not bad at all. If you wanna go for a ride to check it out I’m going to the WNYoffroad meet and greet this Wednesday. I have some vibrations but they just started recently. I think my alignment got knocked off last time I went out

i would but i work 2nd shift so i won’t be able to make it thanks though

and today she’s in full winter mode full doors and hard top

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/mjw4669/02%20Jeep%20Wrangler%20X/1221071554.jpg