02GTI > 07-08speed6

So I had tentative plans to run a specific member who owns a speed6, now I know very little about there upgrades/mods/etc if any… however last night when I pulled outta work at 9 I was happy to see a silver/light gray speed6 with what sounded to be a CAI and possibly upped the boost :gotme:, anyways the distinct feature that the car had was BLUE headlights, not like the blue projectors but actual blue headlights :lol:… anyways, he got on the pooninteen and as did I, he pulled out into traffic and i stayed with him, we paced at approx 80ish till we merged onto XXX and we found a clearing approx 1 mile away from my exit he started to get on it, i beeped in hopes that he would stop and pace, he did…

I beeped 3 times. We both sounded like we spooled at the same time so little/no lag, thru 3rd we were nose and nose, I shifted early into 4th (cauz if everyone already did not know the 1.8t has little torque up high) at approx 5500rpm’s :lol: In 4th is where the gti starts to pull slow at first; then much harder… I shut down at 130ish when I had approx 3-4 cars on him (as i stuck my hand out the window to give the :tup:) slowed and beeped and waived, good guy =) …

:tup: if you on here, thanks for a even race, I really always wanted to know how I fair against one…

anyways 1 for the daily :shoot:

Cory has purple HID’s that suck lol. I wonder if it was him. Sounds like some good runs.

/fail @ streets names. xxxx > then numbers and math

note to self… use xxx next time

lol

Go, edit.

:noob:

what mods do you have in the gti? Now even it up and run cory from a dig…:rofl:

I can predict alot of hating in the future for this thread… lol Anyway congrads on the kill If you have listed what you’ve done to your car id know where your at.

:tup: yea dude good run…nah im all stock, intake,cat back and 1G crushed BOV…i was in 5th though lol…i wasnt sure if you were gonna run me when i pulled up next to you so i did a quick 6th down to 5th (we were at about 70 if i recall?)…and when u starting honking i caught the last 2 by that time it was too late to shift lol but good run none the less! we will def hafta do it again when we both know what the shit is going on lol that sum bitch really pulls up top!..oh and FYI that black mustang that was pacing you yesterday is that douchebag that i work with, some how when ever i leave work he ALWAYS finds a way to be right there behind me and try to race…i dont even give him the time of day having a stock 2000 stang w/ that hideous body kit lol

Nice kill.

There’s no 08 speed6, you should edit to :06-07.

Sometimes my speed6 seems pretty fast, other times it doesn’t.

Speed6’s don’t like VW’s. One time I lined up at a red light with this older gti, pretty riced out, we weren’t racing really, but I was going to try to keep up however fast he planned on going. I took off gingerly, and half way into first the traction lights went on (it was dry roads), misfiring ensued for a good few seconds, and I threw a CEL.

Edit: 3rd gear against 5th though = rematch :slight_smile:

no way!

thanks, and I agree

im really glad it was actually you and not some other speed6 owner… i would be more than happy to “re roll” lol anytime… lol

and honestly, i dont know you yet, but i do know how nyspeed operates, and i could care less if i win or loose, it was just a nice thing to see/do last night on the way home…

With that being said, everyone who usually butts in and causes problems will not, soo if people are expecting something interesting to read about go away, there will be just friendly conversation here :tup:

springs, forge dv, flash

carbon fiber hood :lol:

Stooook

its slow and lame…

so your mid 14’s probly… speed6 ftmfw! I have a modifed air-box still from my 1.8t a4 if your intrested $30, will make a big difference and sounds pissed off!

:banghead: :picard:

i did see him, however my interests were with you, and not the stang =)

or highs 16, possibly 18’s

but with slicks, colder weather, downhill, less wheelhop, :cjerk:, my shift knob sliped, what else can I think of??

:lol: dude, its a daily… (and a gti) its slowwwwwwwww

edit: 1. I dont know how much power the little mouse makes, 2. I dont care how much power it makes 3. i dont know what it would do the quarter in, etc. etc. lol

ur slow.

ill race you

Well my a4 ran 14.9 on a 97* day at NYI and all i had was 3" dp, 2.5 borla cat back, moded air box, giac chip 18psi. It was also awd and pulled 1.8 60-ft’s on a dying clutch but does weigh much more than your vw…

i loved the 1.8t 5th gear pulls good at any speed…

agree…

mines fwd, also i have v-tune soo my boost level has been changed from the “stock flash”, not “more boost” but rather, more efficant boost… no need for a fart cannon however a down pipe ONLY may be in my future…

my car has 94k on it, a clutch that i try to be nice with everyday, and a tranny that i know is WEAK… and yes, i dont weigh as much as you…