'03/'04 cobra differences?

87FOXGT pointed out that the prices on these have dropped considerably into my price range for next year… i was thinking about getting a low mileage '95 LT1 6spd vette (1st yr of ZR-1 brakes standard on all models, last year of OBD-1 for modding/passing inspection, 2-seater, my favorite gen of vette, appearance-wise)… but since i’ve got a lot of time to consider what to get on a schoolteacher budget…

any differences between the two years? anything typical that goes wrong with them?

thanks for the info :slight_smile:

The tick.

search http://svtperformance.com/

thx bro :slight_smile:

:word: The tick is prone to ANY 03/04 cobra since neither run got the January 05 heads. This is pretty much the major issue that the car really has. There are a few other known minor things like the drivetrain clunk, weak input shaft, and a few random things that a couple of guys have had, but nothing real serious.

The only real differences I can think of off the top of my head are that the 03 models have the anniversary package like mine, the small storage compartment thingy in the headliner, sonic blue color.

The 04’s have the mystic chrome color option, screaming yellow, and competition orange. They also have a darker suede color for the inserts on the seats in the interior. The 04’s have larger cats than the 03’s too.

Other than that they’re pretty identical, just small minor changes like I said above :slight_smile:

:word:

And neither of them are in the same price range of a 95 Vette… cause I’m in the market for both, and the 95s are suuuper cheap now.

*depending on mileage, costs more to get a good condition, low miles '95 C4 w/6spd

considering that i found one of the cobras with 27K & mods for 19K, the nicer vettes i’m talking about run about 18K (decent color coughNOT purple, yellow, or goddam aqua, NOT the slut red pr0no interior), and another year of depreciation…

yup, about 18K, given that you don’t buy the first thing you see, dude

and the more thought i put into it, man… i’d really rather have the '95 C4. hands down.

Really? For the speed factor I’d definately go for the Cobra. Actually I hate C4’s.

Ugh you couldnt give me a LT1 vette.

^ yeah listen to these dudes.

Yea those rank at least number 2 in my personal top 5 worst/ugliest sports cars ever.

my father has owned every generation of corvettes, and his least favorite are the c4’s.

the only c4 he says he will ever look at buying is a 1983 C3.

Probably because only 2 exist.

:wink:

The only C4 I would be interested in is a ZR-1

good for you guys :tup:

i’m still getting one :tup:

lt1 is slow and gay

I so want a ride if I ever go down there with the soap-box. :tup:

:tup:

Fine.

PM me for our fistfight locations/details :tup:

wheres mr beckington been anyways?

it won’t stay stock forever, trust me :slight_smile:

yeah, beck - where’s your dad been?

well if you are going to get picky… then I can see there being HIGH prices…

i plan to get Very picky… hence high prices :slight_smile:

the LS1 f-bods are tempting, and def coming down way in price… but i don’t want one of those :touchy: