03 Evo 8 tune results

Tuned a 03 Evo 8 the other night, mods were: bc 272 cams, exhaust (with cat), pump gas, baseline pull with prior tune was 287whp, 263tq at 24psi. Final numbers at 25psi were 331awhp, 311wtq I believe. Not bad for pump gas, stock airbox, and catted exhaust. I’ll post up dyno sheets if anyones interested.

wtf 272 cams and stock airbox/catted exhaust?

Nice gains

very nice

my thoughts as well

Was that Ians blue evo?

Stock airbox, went on because he was having issues with the intake on the car, or so he thought, and it’s a highflow cat, wanted to pass inspection, cams came out of his previously wrecked car, 272 are a nice match for the stock turbo and slightly larger, although I like my 264-272 set up on my car a little better

shawns evo?

ian’s blue car made like 310 or something that dyno day with his tune, so dont think it was his

maybe shawns wife will let him roll race on the parkway

That’s right he did make over 300. just sounded like his kind of modding lol

interesting gains. glad to see the dyno working out for ya

id love to see a import make big numbers on 93 only

You won’t so stop caring about what gas is run.

y? cant it be done?

Because the limits of 93 non-meth in a 2.0 4cyl are just around 550-600 an d that is at 100% VE.

There are a few guys out there who are close to the 600 mark but why risk it just so you can say “pump gas” for some guy named George on Pittspeed.

E85 cars are making over 800 so settle for that when you want to see a 4cyl make huge numbers on “pump” because no one else cares.

was wondering cause 93 is plenty safe to make power on. there are numberous v8s on 93 alone making big numbers. thats why i asked and been curious to why a import couldnt do it. its not a stab at anyone, its more along the lines of WHY

is it how the head designs are? is it high BPR? excessive IAT?
so if you cant answer it how about find out actual info

It’s the limits of what the fuel will do before igniting, you are making big numbers on something that is using much less fuel per cyl at a much lower volume of air per revolution.

If a 122ci motor can make close to 600 on 93, what do you think a 350+ci motor is going to make on that same amount of fuel? and no i didn’t just throw out a hp/liter argument either.

93 can only take so much pressure/heat before it self ignites, unfortunately the smaller the engine the quicker you achieve this.

Yeah V8 is 2 times the motor of a I4. Need to look at it in terms of fuel/air per 1 cylinder of a given volume. Your right, V8 with same fuel amount per cylinder as a I4 should effectively double the power given same cubic inch displacement per cylinder.

93 can only take so much pressure/heat before it self ignites, unfortunately the smaller the engine the quicker you achieve this.

Yep exactly.

also makes sense why they need double the injector size a v8 uses