03 Evo 8 tune results

They dont’ “NEED” it, we just want to make big power. If I was building something in the 400ci range like Justin I’d have my exact setup on that car as well just 2x it. I wouldn’t be happy with anything less than 1400whp either.

so your saying you can make 700 on 550cc injectors? and base fuel 58?

You read that wrong, however if I set my base to 58 I’d be flowing a lot more than 550cc’s from those injectors. My base is 39psi 1-1 rising rate.

yea they come out to 70lb’ers for us

If I was building something in the 400ci range like Justin I’d have my exact setup on that car as well just 2x it. I wouldn’t be happy with anything less than 1400whp either.

Haha, please do it! I will have 70’s on my car someday depending on if these 60’s can carry me near 8.99’s

why does this always have to become a quik ricers are gay 93 is best e-penis measure match

It was the first thing he said to me after the last dyno pull “justin did it on 93”

That is a bold statement, I like both cars alot, both people are nice guys, but I’m not sure where this is leading. Quik is obviously being sarcastic to further prove to himself that he made the right choice building v8 and the rest of the world is wrong. That being said , no fucking shit a twin turbo v8 will make large numbers on pump gas. However what isn’t being brought to attention is the camaro was running 16psi, correct me if I’m wrong. That kind of boost on pump gas is fine and dandy, but for the whole “efficiency” topic, plz explain to me how a 4 cylinder 2.0 liter ( possible 2.3 none the less), is supposed the flow the amount of a v8 efficiently on pump gas. Kurt had to be around 40+ psi, now I can guarentee if your v8 were to be looking at any boost levels even somewhat similar to that you to would need a more efficient fuel. I get what quik
is saying but I can’t help but be jacked off at the one track mind that you have, the world is greater than v8’s and Irwin car shows and though it is harder to make
power out smaller motors , a car like kurts, joes, baldys, mine, garrets, evo dans, etc, these are the “muscle” cars of the new era, nothing wrong with a turbo or twin turbo
v8 car, however the times have evolved and just because there are cars half the weight and half the liters, making similar if not more power, and running similar if
not better times, doesn’t make it wrong.

:bsflag: :blue:

youre mecca of imports disowned you guys. NOPI dropped off after they realize that market is dead but others try to keep it going.

i was just trying to figure out why that was my reasoning.

youll never ever replace displacement. it will always make more power in the end period

youre caught up in PSI…PSI means shit!!! Its volume of air cause as we all know 16psi from say my 88mm isnt no where near the same as say 30 psi from a 35r

efficiency has alot to do with how much power you make and what fuel. the more efficient it is the more power it will make. thats proven for years.

the imports being muscle of today…thats a BS statement, they dont make torque, torque is muscle.

alot mainly most think i hate imports, i dont hate imports that has nothing to do with any of this. it comes down to i wanted to know a real reason why every single time someone with a import says well that was on my pump gas tune and not race gas. where as majority of turbo v8s run on 93 and make huge numbers without being on the ragged edge.

i dont give two shits about irwin car show, was there once doubt ill be there again.

now as for comparing weight and power to a domestic. why does a car that weighs 2k and make 500 hp go 10.5 @130 and why does a 4k domestic that makes 500 go 10.5 @ 130…if a setup was so great then why isnt the 2k less weight go almost 2 seconds faster?

again i just wanted to know why is it such a huge deal and claimed necessity to run race gas to make power under 800 whp

I already answered your question, the internal cylinder pressure of my motor is 2x what Justin is experiencing assuming we are flowing the same AF/REV.

At this point you’re just dragging the argument out to hear yourself type.

why does it matter what it takes to get to those horsepower numbers?If your that worried about it then do the same thing as them. Get off of 93 and run racegas or E85 and make bigger numbers. Obviously if you have more displacement you are going to be able to make more power if your trying to match the modifications up. Thats one great thing about building and messing around with cars. If you look hard enough you can find parts for anything and make anything go fast. I like everything out there. I came from domestic now i drive imports but id have anything from a vette to evo to a bmw m3. Cars is just a passion that we all share. It doesnt matter what we drive or how fast it can go. We all love cars. So who cares. I respect anything that is fast and put together well. I dont care if it took you 50k or 5k.

cause the v8s dont always need the race gas. here is a 408 with pt88 turbo, stock heads, stock intake and cam i have dynoing 1011rwhp on 93 octane alone!!!

so it comes down to why cant the imports make same power on 93 is setup properly, you guys made this more then it actually was. i wanted an answer you turned it into a pissing contest.

You know a big displacement V12 would be able to do that on 87 octane. Why can’t you claim those numbers on 87?

It has nothing to do with where the car is from, “import” “domestic” should be banned from the dictionary.

Its not really that hard to understand. 690 hp requires close to 69 lbs/min of airflow. Distribute that across 401 cubic inches and 8 cylinders or 120 something cubic inches and 4 cylinders, its obviously going to be different. Each cylinder will not be at the same pressure hence why less boost is needed for the 401.

And if you want to be technical about it, todays imports may be considered muscle cars because the muscle car came about when someone put in a hot motor into a regular passenger car. So like the first GTO’s in the 60’s, a turbo civic kinda is a muscle car.

But to me they are not, neither are the latemodel V8 cars. 50-70’s cars will always be the muscle cars. Todays cars i guess are just not the same

damn did that thing only run 12’s too :slight_smile:

you said would but wheres proof? also its still pump gas and not race gas

Got my gas out of a pump right next to 93, by your logic I’m running pump gas then.

Either claim it all as pump or claim it as 93, quit changing sides.

I’ve seen dodge V10s make a lot more power than Parish on 93. /thread. Google it.

youre lame and butt hurt.

dont be upset you need race fuel to make power

I’m not butt hurt at all, I own a running 700hp vehicle is still on the same motor I built for it 5 years ago. Can you say the same?

Don’t be upset your shit blew up.