04/22/2007 ECC-N WNY Event 1 Thread

[quote=“slipstreamxk1,post:57,topic:27647"”]

lol I’ll be there on my snows… Should be interesting. I thought this was still a week away so i’m not fully prepared but what the hell…

06 wrx - 69nsm

[/quote]

It will be just fine. :slight_smile:

I hope to be out with the WRX, but not really sure yet. On snow tires all around just like last year. :slight_smile:

I’m planning on attending most of the WNY events this year, starting this Sunday.

George M (AS 91)

Okay, it’s official. I am in. Car WILL be ready by sunday. Put me on the list.

BigAirSkier1580 (Steve) - 54 SM2
http://home.adelphia.net/~toomey23/images/night-mr6.jpg

does a cf hood put me in SM?
i also have a intake
but thats it

cf hood - sm, sorry.

holy gigantic street mod class.

things are looking good, I think I’ll be able to drive the Civic and not the mud machine. :tup:

add me to the list, 116sm

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/162/398346290_a5576414ac.jpg

[quote=“sureshot007,post:65,topic:27647"”]

cf hood - sm, sorry.

[/quote]

so gay

[quote=“MXS,post:66,topic:27647"”]

holy gigantic street mod class.

things are looking good, I think I’ll be able to drive the Civic and not the mud machine. :tup:

add me to the list, 116sm

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/162/398346290_a5576414ac.jpg

[/quote]

itr swap ftw!

From wny-scca.com:

A note from your friendly Tech Workers.

Although we try to be “User Friendly” here in the WNY Region, there are safety rules that we must follow, and it is the responsibility of the Tech Inspectors to make sure that your car and helmet meets those rules.
That being said, there are a couple of things I would like to highlight before people show up Sunday;

1. Helmets, the Rules read:

4.3.1 Helmets
Helmets meeting the following standards must be worn while on course: All helmets meeting the current or two immediately
preceding Snell Foundation standards (SA, K, or M), or SFI standards
31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, or 41.2A are acceptable.

What this means is your helmet must have a Snell 1995, 2000, or 2005 sticker on it. Just a DOT sticker will not be allowed. If you show up with a helmet that does not meet the rules, you will not be allowed to use it.

1. Batteries must be secure. A bungee cord does not do it. Please do not show up with tie wraps, rubber cords, rope, or any other haphazard way of securing the battery. Also, please have the Positive terminal covered. I know, “It was OK last year”, or “I’ve never had a problem before”. It doesn’t matter. Please have it right.

We are not here to make your life miserable. Please show up with a safe car, and we’ll all have more fun.

Thanks
Mike P

Also, you should be in line for tech no later than 10. If you are late I may envoke my right to take your car on a fun run, as I have had to do with Andy:D .

77STS

I really should learn how to make snow tires last more than a season. :slight_smile:

so you mean zipties, sily putty and chewing gum won’t cut it for securing my battery this year.

Damn

i’ll be there spectating :tup:

I will be deciding if I’m going depending on the weather.

My tires suck on my speed6, and are quite worn at 10k miles.

But, if I’m there I’m in DS.

My number, as always, is 6.

Question. Since I’m a novice to AWD, and havent gone in two years… can I be novice class with my new car?

Novice is really intended for people that are new to the sport, not those that aren’t prepared or not talented…sorry :wink:

[quote=“sureshot007,post:74,topic:27647"”]

Novice is really intended for people that are new to the sport, not those that aren’t prepared or not talented…sorry :wink:

[/quote]

lol:nite:

who cares if you are in novice or not… unless you are planning on competing all season…

Baldy, why does it depend on the weather?

Sunny and 65 too nice for ya?

Get out there!

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:76,topic:27647"”]

Baldy, why does it depend on the weather?

Sunny and 65 too nice for ya?

Get out there!

[/quote]

teh FWD bias of his AWD system will be embarrassing

If your tires are shot, all the more reason to show up and run. :wink:

[quote=“slipstreamxk1,post:71,topic:27647"”]

so you mean zipties, sily putty and chewing gum won’t cut it for securing my battery this year.

Damn

[/quote]

Last I checked there is nothing against JB-Welding it in place. :tup:

And if the cords aren’t showing then tires are not an excuse. Unless you are running studded, or tractor tires for some strange reason.

jdmEK9gsr (Dave) - 99 Civic - Novice SM - 420
http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/4/10702120678.jpg