04/22/2007 ECC-N WNY Event 1 Thread

For anyone who is car-less and looking for a codrive - may I suggest offering to pay for the entry fee for the driver. You may have a better shot of finding a ride.

is there anyway i can ride along with someone else so i can see what this is all about? i don’t want to drive their car or anything, just sit shotty and be explained the basics of the process.

Passengers are only allowed with Instructors.

That being said, just find one of us and we’ll be more than happy to show you the ropes :slight_smile: If you are not sure who an instructor is, just ask anyone and they’ll point you in the right direction.

[quote=“sureshot007,post:143,topic:27647"”]

That being said, just find one of us and we’ll be more than happy to show you the ropes :slight_smile: If you are not sure who an instructor is, just ask anyone and they’ll point you in the right direction.

[/quote]

cool. i’m interested in learning, but i’m not about to run my daily as it would probably fall apart, and my jetta isn’t anywhere near having any semblance of being able to run this year. it would be competitive next season, but not this year.

You may change your tune after you see what some people drive.

[quote=“sureshot007,post:143,topic:27647"”]

[/quote]

?

i thought this was only a novice rule? so i cant have a passenger in my car?

[quote=“sureshot007,post:145,topic:27647"”]

You may change your tune after you see what some people drive.

[/quote]

you might change your tune if you saw my integra. i’m pretty sure it’d split in half if i put that much stress on it. if you see it in the parking lot at ECC-N, don’t touch it unless you are up to date on your tetanus shots.

[quote=“Locutus,post:146,topic:27647"”]

?

i thought this was only a novice rule? so i cant have a passenger in my car?

[/quote]

It’s at the discretion of the Solo Chair and Safety Stewards.

[quote=“dp2387,post:139,topic:27647"”]

I know a brand new Cooper S that is showing up.:snky:

[/quote]

And you autocross and MR2… Are you Mike’s son?

Anyhow this would have been my first ever autocross but I guess I actually have to show up at my fiance’s bridal shower Sunday. :lame: Hopefully I can make it to the next one. I’ll definitely be at novice school on 6/2.

[quote=“sureshot007,post:148,topic:27647"”]

It’s at the discretion of the Solo Chair and Safety Stewards.

[/quote]

I’m bringing my gf and she helps balance out my car.

so who do i have to ask on site to get this approved?

[quote=“Dex,post:142,topic:27647"”]

is there anyway i can ride along with someone else so i can see what this is all about? i don’t want to drive their car or anything, just sit shotty and be explained the basics of the process.

[/quote]

Later during the day maybe 3rd or 4th run You can ride with me… just look for the Grey Evo with Grey BBS’s…

-Jarrod

[quote=“jrod0187,post:151,topic:27647"”]

Later during the day maybe 3rd or 4th run You can ride with me… just look for the Grey Evo with Grey BBS’s…

-Jarrod

[/quote]

:headbang:

[quote=“Locutus,post:150,topic:27647"”]

I’m bringing my gf and she helps balance out my car.

so who do i have to ask on site to get this approved?

[/quote]

Jon Wolff (4ESP, Camaro) - Solo Chair
Mark Pedley (13DS, Golf) - Safety Steward
Dale Kunze (97DS, Integra) - All Around Go-To Guy :slight_smile:

[quote=“BikerFry,post:149,topic:27647"”]

And you autocross and MR2… Are you Mike’s son?

[/quote]

Yup, though the MR2 is being retired (perhaps to resurected one day).

I bought a Type R so I’ll be splitting time between that and rushman’s ESP Camaro.

Cool. I work with Mike. Technically he’s my “mentor” although we never really figured out what that meant other than he can usually answer my technical questions. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sure I’ll meet you this summer. :wave: I’ll be the guy in the red Jetta mowing over cones. :eekdance:

-James

Why are you retiring the MR2? Will the Integra be better for autocrossing or is the MR2 just getting tired?

[quote=“sureshot007,post:153,topic:27647"”]

Jon Wolff (4ESP, Camaro) - Solo Chair
Mark Pedley (13DS, Golf) - Safety Steward
Dale Kunze (97DS, Integra) - All Around Go-To Guy :slight_smile:

[/quote]

:tup:

97 is Corey’s # (different integra) Dale is 78DS. Sorry.

Just so no one gets a nasty suprise at 8 in the morning, if you are under 18, please print out the minor waiver (see the wny-scca.com solo forums for details) and have both your parents fill out 2 copies and sign them.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:155,topic:27647"”]

Cool. I work with Mike. Technically he’s my “mentor” although we never really figured out what that meant other than he can usually answer my technical questions. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sure I’ll meet you this summer. :wave: I’ll be the guy in the red Jetta mowing over cones. :eekdance:

-James

Why are you retiring the MR2? Will the Integra be better for autocrossing or is the MR2 just getting tired?

[/quote]

Haha, that’s somewhat frightening that they would actually give him that title.

And the MR2 is being retired for a few reasons, but the main one being that it’s just time for something new and different. The Camaro is a ton of fun, and I knew with the Type R that I would have really good local competition.

[quote=“sureshot007,post:157,topic:27647"”]

97 is Corey’s # (different integra) Dale is 78DS. Sorry.

[/quote]

is this the same dale thaq co drove with yeo? and the same integra that yeo put into the foam at beaver?