04 m3 vs 04 jetta

I was driving around and got a call from my buddy with an 04 bmw m3 with chip, exhaust, intake…i think thats it and he wanted to run my car which is a 24v vr6 with a t3/t4 turbo on it and some other stuff… So we went from a 30roll then a 40 roll and both times i got about 3-4 cars on him by the top of 4th gear. Were probably going to do it again next week once he gets his headers on and ill be sure to bring a passenger with a camera :tup:

What you put down at the wheels? If not dynoed, guess.

Nice ! Never had the chance to run an m3, sweet cars though.

More info on your Jetta? Pics? I thought that bigtymer15680654168765135 was the only one around here with a fast FI MKIV VR6. Cool :slight_smile:

[quote=“The_Russian,post:2,topic:30092"”]

What you put down at the wheels? If not dynoed, guess.

[/quote]

Im actually getting the car dyno’d on Thursday. Last time I did a dyno pull i made 330whp and 340tq but that was with my stock clutch slipping from 3400rpms all the way through redline. Now i have a clutchmasters stg 3 clutch and lsd in and it seems to be helping a lot.

Im going to the drag strip today to, ill post up how i do (if its decent) haha

[quote=“vdub28t,post:5,topic:30092"”]

stock clutch slipping from 3400rpms all the way through redline. Now i have a clutchmasters stg 3 clutch and lsd in and it seems to be helping a lot.

[/quote]

LOL, you think?

Impressive numbers… for a dub!

I remember your car from the great lakes GTG, had the baked cowel cover from the turbo.

[quote=“Quattro Krant,post:7,topic:30092"”]

I remember your car from the great lakes GTG, had the baked cowel cover from the turbo.

[/quote]

hahah yep thats me, i just picked up a new one of those actually

Didn’t know you were local.

Any other issues from all that turbo heat?

330whp is what…about 10-12psi?

nice!!!

Thats one hot wolksvagen

vr6 turbo = badass:headbang:

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:9,topic:30092"”]

Didn’t know you were local.

Any other issues from all that turbo heat?

330whp is what…about 10-12psi?

[/quote]

14psi with a stock clutch…haha But heres an update for u guys…went to the drag strip tonight…launched it at close to 4k, when it caught something f’d up and im not making boost anymore and i pulled about 6 error codes. I think my wire harness came lose…what fun…

i love booster jettas!

[quote=“vdub28t,post:13,topic:30092"”]

14psi with a stock clutch…haha But heres an update for u guys…went to the drag strip tonight…launched it at close to 4k, when it caught something f’d up and im not making boost anymore and i pulled about 6 error codes. I think my wire harness came lose…what fun…

[/quote]

I really don’t think it is anything bad, probabally a loose connection somewhere.

Nice man, we should get a couple pulls in once i get my car running right for fun. SC Vs Snail.lol Very nice ride.

[quote=“bigtymer7463,post:16,topic:30092"”]

Nice man, we should get a couple pulls in once i get my car running right for fun. SC Vs Snail.lol Very nice ride.

[/quote]

Thanks, I just got my car running again. I got up at about 7am and started work on it…found that i pulled loose 2 plugs from the wire harness and blew off 2 boost lines. It seems to be running great again, making boost and pulling hard :headbang:

[quote=“vdub28t,post:17,topic:30092"”]

Thanks, I just got my car running again. I got up at about 7am and started work on it…found that i pulled loose 2 plugs from the wire harness and blew off 2 boost lines. It seems to be running great again, making boost and pulling hard :headbang:

[/quote]

what are you hitting in the 1/4 mile ?

[quote=“budsdubbin,post:18,topic:30092"”]

[/quote]

11.1@127.

[quote=“budsdubbin,post:18,topic:30092"”]

[/quote]

well i ran a 13.2 without launching…(i f’d up and im not use to the cluch) then when i launched it hard the engine torqued and my night was done…lol but it was a 13.2 at like 115 or so