06 cbr 600rr

I took the plastics off my bike to get painted… i turned around and found this part. not sure where it came from. like i said i just took plastics off. looks like a seal of some sort?

Looks like it could be a seal that maybe goes underneath the screws to protect the screws from damaging the fairings. At least I know Ninja’s have these nylon rings that serve this purpose. I would check the rest of your plastics to see if these rings are still in place in the remaining holes. It’s possible that this may be the only one that actually fell out.

edit- I could be wrong actually, that ring seems pretty large compared to the quarter. Can’t hurt to check your fairings still though.

fairings are off to body shop haha miserable. but thanks man

Well I’m sure someone will be able to chime in shortly to identify this.

Did you have frame sliders?

No clue… whats it made out of?

EDIT: way to large to be the nylon backings to the fairing fasteners… and the insides are normally threaded rubber grommets

Looks like a seal for a wheelbearing, only thing i can think of.

i have an 06 cbr and have taken the plastics off many times that is not from your bike

I’m thinking it may be a rubber washer for frame sliders?

no frame sliders. brass material

gonzo im gonna take your word for it haha ive never seen anything like it before. not sure where it came from even being inside my house. but o well haha thanks everyone