1/13/06 Showplace Fri

My sister is drumming for a new band. The first show w/ her is this Fri at showplace. The band is Displaced. Kind of industrial rock I guess. They go on around 10 I’m gonna head up around 9-9:30 to check it out. Let me know if anyone else is interested. Check out her website www.girlthatdrums.com some cool press on there including a write-up in Drum magazine.

who else is playing that night you know?

not offhand I’ll try and find out. Does Showplace Theater have a website?

for a place that’s played some well known bands it’s remarkably shitty … i have no idea …

i just want to get a general feel for what kind of bands are playing and if i know any of them.

how much are tickets also?

holy shit that is the worst band in the whole world. :tea down:

a little more info here at least say why you don’t like them.

Can’t be any worse than Charles Bronson.

A: they sound like every single alt rock band ever
B:
Visions

Alone with me
Inside between
You hide behind your
Zealotry
I see what seems
To seed to be
What blinds your visions
Inside

I have tried
I have tried to

Open your eyes
Don’t disguise the reality
Open your eyes
Don’t disuse the reality

I close your eyes
Your truth denies
Contradictions
Are realized
Yet in your dreams
Lurks verity
Un-find these visions
Inside

I have tried
I have tried to

Open your eyes
Open your eyes

Open your eyes
Open your eyes

Open your eyes
Open your eyes

C: www.displacedmusic.com

at least CB is original, and probably uses more interesting song structure, and the lyrics are funny, spiteful and funny… not this drivel…

I’m sorry I can’t recall asking for Newmans opinion on the band. Let me check again… nope, don’t see it there. My sister is a well known and talanted drummer. I would support her if she played in a god damn folk music band. You don’t want to go that’s fine, but keep your annoying little observations to yourself, because, in reality, no one really gives a fuck what you think.

Syndicate, South of Nowhere, Pyrolixious, Static Horizon, and Displaced

$5 pre, $7 door

cmon newman that was kind-of a mean thing to say, even from you.

http://www.displacedmusic.com/fridayThe13th.jpg

Here’s the flyer

no it wasn’t.

they really fucking suck.

on topic.

Check out her website www.girlthatdrums.com some cool press on there including a write-up in Drum magazine.

she is a decent drummer. but another annoying example of a girl that finds it necessary to let it be known that she is a girl. girlthatdrums… why do girls do this… taint punch.

keep your annoying little observations to yourself, because, in reality, no one really gives a fuck what you think.

rofl. wah wah wah boo hoo…
would you have bitched if i said. OmG displaceD is like the GRRRRreatest band of all time. if your feelings got hurt so bad don’t post.

lol I’ve played a few shows with all but 1 band from that bill. tell her good luck with the sound at showplace, depending on the sound guy that night her band will either sound like a million bucks or complete garbage, just the way showplace is.

actually it was kind of mean, at least its not the same shitty hardcore/metal sound that EVERY local band in buffalo has.

lessons learned in this thread…if its not metal or hardcore its shitty. o man, i see the light now

ill try and make it out, i gotta start going to local shows again seeing as to how my band will be playing out within the next 2-3 weeks, support local music

that’s not true at all. i have a wide list of musical tastes. they don’t suck because they aren’t hardcore, they suck because they suck… did anyone even read the lyrics?

lol

those lyrics are pure genius :snky:

I was wondering why my website was getting random hits from a site I’d never been to before. What’s up, bro. :slight_smile:

Anyhow, if you don’t like displaced, then that’s your deal, it’s fine, no one will cry about it. However, I will say that Visions is a song that is very old, and not very evident of the new direction of the band. The band is actually a lot heavier now.

I’d like to offer you a free ticket, so you can make a fair and unbiased judgement. PM my bro if you’ll take me up on the offer.

we hit the stage around 10pm.

Oh, and lizholland.com was taken. My screen name on AIM is girlthatdrums. Hence, girlthatdrums.com. But if it bothers you that much, you can go to graphicrage.com instead.