1.8 vw engine overhaul 1st timer

ive been rebuilding a 1.8 8v motor for my 91 jetta, well today i tightend down the main bearings and rod bearings to spec. put the oil pump in then then pan. put the clutch and flywheel on and then the crank pulley. It turns out that the pulley is not lineing up with the waterpump pulley, its off by like an 1/8 of an inch. Will this be a problem?. Even if it is, i dont think its not my biggest. I torqued everything down to specs and whenever i was tightening the crank pulley on i figure the engine was going to turn over. well turns out. i cant get it to turn over at all. with all my strenght i tried to spin the flywheel but with no luck. “as usual”. is this normal after changing all the bearings and rings? I know theres no oil and everything will be tight but whenever trying to set my car in time i was able to turn it with only a little effort. i thought i would be able to turn it alil atleast. If i have to tear it all back down it’ll be just anothe kick in the balls for me but if its normal i hope i dont have any other problems. and again about the pulleys lining up what do u guys think?

wrong bearings?:dunno: double check with plastigage. Make sure you have the right bearings have seen them packaged wrong before.

i dont know ill have to look but if thats the case im gonna flip shits, it took almost 3 weeks for the damn bearings to come in. ill be selling a clean block and pistons with new rings, and just buy a whole engine out of another car. my car wasnt running right since i bought it, and i tried fixing everything, whenver it finally quit. turns out all my pistons were cracked.

anyone sellin any 1.8 8v digifant vw engines

I had a problem with con rod bearings not being chamfered enough to clear the fillet of the crank. You can file them if thats it. I recommend untorqueing everything and see if it spins. if it does tighten one main cap. spin. repeat untill everything is tight, or until you find the problem.