1.8t vs. vr6

i’m considering gti’s. which is a better choice ?

caged ka swapped integras with jdm front ends would pwn both…straight line and corners and looks and reliability and gas milage and price

i’m just predicting the future comments here:

slow and slower

well i’m not to familiar with vw, and was just wondering. i test drove gregs car and loved it, but its just not practical for me right now. i need a dd.

1.8t ftw unless you wanna dump aroung 5g’s on the vr6 and boost that…otherwise thier slow… go 1.8t!

are you planning on modding?

if so.

neither.

1.8T can be a quick DD for not much money.

As long as you don’t expect to be fast, you’ll be satisfied.

lol. honestly. unless you are driving A LOT and can get a steal on a diesel car and can really save $ by the increased gas milage…i cant ever justify buying a VW. especially golfs…ew, :gay:

Meh, I like their interiors. And if it’s what he likes, then good for him for getting what he wants.

I think NA 300ZX’s are lame. :gotme:

:ohnoes:

haha dont worry im 90% sure im going with a honda/acura, i don’t think i could justify anything else.

You flip-flop more than a damned politician.

YOU JUST WASTED 5 MIN OF MY LIFE:shoot:

Even among people who actually have knowledge of VW’s and first hand experience with either motor coughalmostnobodyinthisthreadcough this is a question that cannot be answered. Neither is “better.”

Either one can be fast with a ton of money.
Niether one will be fast without a ton of money.
1.8T will be faster with a little modding.
1.8T gets better gas mileage.
VR6 is slightly quicker out of the box.
VR6 sounds better.
VR6 has a nice flat torque curve.
1.8T’s have to have their timing belts replaced every 60k.
VR6’s may need to have their timing chain tensioners replaced over 100k.
Either one can be had with a 6 speed, depending on year.

I’m glad I have a VR6 and not a 1.8T. I have no delusions of building a fast VW so I’d rather have something a bit quicker out of the box with an awesome power curve that sounds better than any other car I could afford.

That all being said:
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21882&page=2
Bring me cash and you can have mine for $6600.

and then you get a chip for a few hundo and you’re faster then a VR6 with much better gas milage.

I’ve gotta agree with Don here Fry.

And Turbo sound > VR6 sound.

and uh

neither is a good choice

get a TDI or buy a car that runs reliably

Yep, like I said with a little modding a 1.8T is faster. Also like I said, the 1.8T gets better gas mileage, although the VR6 isn’t bad. Also like I said, I prefer my VR6 because it moves well enough without any mods, I love the torque curve, and with just a cone filter I love the way it sounds. LOL I’ll post it again if you guys would like.

Sound’s personal preference. Turbo or not, the only 4 cylinder I can stand the sound of is Subaru’s boxer engine.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34054

buy and save,