1.8t vs. vr6

Go with the 1.7!

Edit - My flat-4 2.2L screams like a pissed off mother at higher revs, but it goes nowhere, haha.

135hp in a 3200lb car FTL.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:21,topic:32879"”]

Go with the 1.9!

[/quote]

Fixed

[quote=“BikerFry,post:19,topic:32879"”]

Yep, like I said with a little modding a 1.8T is faster. Also like I said, the 1.8T gets better gas mileage, although the VR6 isn’t bad. Also like I said, I prefer my VR6 because it moves well enough without any mods, I love the torque curve, and with just a cone filter I love the way it sounds. LOL I’ll post it again if you guys would like.

Sound’s personal preference. Turbo or not, the only 4 cylinder I can stand the sound of is Subaru’s boxer engine.

[/quote]

cone filter = mod

what about an RSX type s

[quote=“K Cuv,post:24,topic:32879"”]

what about an RSX type s

[/quote]

another great chick car

do you plan on driving the car more than once a week? if so, i’d go with a KA swapped, caged, white, black top integra.

if not, go with the 1.8T for cheap easy power. go with the VR6 if you want a completely over rated motor that sounds really nice with an intake at WOT. neither are the picture of reliability, so don’t even look into that as an aspect.

[quote=“K Cuv,post:8,topic:32879"”]

lol. honestly. unless you are driving A LOT and can get a steal on a diesel car and can really save $ by the increased gas milage…i cant ever justify buying a VW. especially golfs…ew, :gay:

[/quote]

I own a golf. I love owning a car that can break at any moment and burns oil. It’s awesome!

omg 1.8t’s never lose.

srsly. buy a honda.

[quote=“PsngrSeatsR4Boys,post:28,topic:32879"”]

srsly. buy a honda.

[/quote]

:word:

Drive both. Then decide.

If it were me I would go with a 1.8t for mpg and better aftermarket. …you may think differently./

[quote=“Calico Angel,post:27,topic:32879"”]

I own a golf. I love owning a car that can break at any moment and burns oil. It’s awesome!

[/quote]

It’s like living on the edge every waking moment of your life. :tspry:

[quote=“DarkkstaR,post:18,topic:32879"”]

and uh

neither is a good choice

get a TDI or buy a car that runs reliably

[/quote]

Only real choice in this thread.

Or buy my audi. <3

[quote=“Calico Angel,post:27,topic:32879"”]

[/quote]

With 45xxx miles and proper maintenance too!!!
Isn’t it fun…

i love my a4 1.8t quattttttr0!!:stuck_out_tongue:

haha i know i cant make up my mind.

if i had a slightly higher budget believe me gregs car would be mine.

i like the interior and body styling on golfs, but the repair costs and reliability issues worry me. most likely going to grab another honda for the next couple years until i’m out of school and can afford somethin balllllller.

damn i really want gregs car tho

buy 93dx-hatch tdi, Save a rediculous amount of money on gas and have a reliable dd. Save your money, buy a project and have the TDI as a DD. Thats my idea

volkswagons = expensive to mod and expensive to repair

^ agreed…gonna stick with honda till schools out and try to have some fun

foh do gsr maybe

Well now that it’s clear that you’re not interested in buying my car, yeah good call. VW’s are attention whores and the last thing you need to spend your time on when you’re in school is fixing your car.

Good call on a Honduh.

[quote=“maxwell,post:36,topic:32879"”]

foh do gsr maybe

[/quote]

:word: I love mine bought it with 116 drivin it over 10k and Only done basic maintenace, and I’ve owened 5 VW’s from 1.8 to 2.8’s and I wont go back unless its a 1.9 TDI.