1080p and xbox360

I purchased a new tv…40" LCD… Sony KDL-40v2500… I was told that the PC input does not support 1080p…? But i want to be able to run my xbox 360 HD Dvd player in 1080p if possible… is there anyway of doing this without an HDMI cable… b/c microsoft hasn’t released one yet and there are rumors that i read on IGN.com states

“At the moment, no Sony SXRD 1080p displays, which include the “Pearl” 1080p projector, all of the A2000 line of SXRDs, and the XBR2 and XBR3 1080p LCDs, are capable of correctly displaying the Xbox 360’s 1080p signal via VGA (none support 1080p at all via Component). Sadly, our 1080p reference display is a Sony VPL-VW50 “Pearl” projector, which means we were unable to actually test the HD-DVD drive’s true 1080p performance. Microsoft has stated that it is aware of this compatibility issue and has a solution in the works. The company ardently denies any ill-intent with regard to incompatibility with their console rival’s TV offerings. We wouldn’t suspect Microsoft of going so far as to lock out Sony displays, and the worst criticism that we’ll level on this issue is that the company was apparently somewhat slack in its beta testing, especially considering that Sony’s A2000 series is currently the top selling line of 1080p HDTVs in North America.”

if you bought the upgraded x-box it should have come with cables…me and my friend just bought and it came with the cables ness. to hook up for 1080.

i can run basic 1080i… but i want to know if i can get 1080p?

Not yet… Not until the HD DVD player is released for it anyways…

The HD DVD player has already been released…

A solution for my problems finally

Jeezus, over a year? haha…