Good Xbox 360 news.v HDMI

Glad im still saving up for one :D.

Badass! Now i can finally do 1080p on my SXRD :headbang: And the 120gb HD is much needed as well. Gonna have to sell my current piece when this comes out :tup:

Hmmm how about that? Seems that the PS3 is looking less and less superior every day. Blueray aside what the hell do they have that the xbox doesnt now?

So… only xbox v.2 can do 1080p or did I read it wrong?

They are also moving to a 65nm process shrink from 90mn so the BOM will be even less for M$. We’ll see when this gets released, I’ll be pissed if it’s soon.

All xbox 360s can do 1080p, V2 just has the addition of the HDMI port. So the “older” style would have to do it through component. I do believe that MS will be offering a special cable for V1 owners that will let you use HDMI since there are already about 10 million consoles out already without the HDMI upgrade.

Hmmm very interesting.

I don’t think component can do 1080p

No it can’t, doesn’t have enuff bandwidth and its anolog.

Actually it can, but your display may or may not support it. Being analog has nothing to do with it. VGA is analog and has no problems displaying 2048x1200 resolutions.

Well… now I’ll have even more reason to buy a 2nd 360. And I know which one I use as my dedicated server for Rainbow 6:Vegas :smiley:

i’ll be getting a 2nd one soon!

I was just reading about this the other day and the VGA cable is the only way to get 1080 currently.

actually the xbox 360 cant display 1080p in current form… and mike sorry, but your SXRD cannot accept a 1080p input source… only 1080i…

OT, what is the difference between 1080i and 1080p? I am starting to look into getting a new TV and I don’t know much about HD.

dont waste your money on a 1080p right now. Not worth it

i = interlaced, which means that every other line is scanned.

p = progressive, which means that every line is scanned.

p > i

Get a TV that supports 1080p.

huh? :eyebrow:

its 1080p.

1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution • 10,000:1 contrast ratio
• Built-in HDTV tuner
• 2 HDMI inputs
• 16:9 aspect ratio
• WEGA Engine System

why wouldnt it be able to accept a 1080p source?

Here is a better article from a more reliable source…

http://gear.ign.com/articles/753/753296p1.html