1080p Dead... Welcome 4096x2160

read my post, no, they just dont look like they should imo. ive seen the HDDVD and like i said with my high end dvd player, it converts and it looks almost as good.

1080i

ok cool, the 720 set i want is on sale this week for 1600

word my pioneer elite standard is great

DV-79AVi for the win, upscales to 720p plus the burr brown dac is a huge plus for me. as well as hdmi support which is hard to find in a quality DVD player.

oh ya what model plasma are you looking at for $1600

Sony 50” LCD Projection HDTV (KDF-50E2000)

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/detail/son/EC.SON.KDF50E2000.JPG

make sure its not E-HDTV, but for 1600 it might be.

Yeah i spent alot of time looking at dvd players, i originally had a nice samsung, HDMI, upconverting, but the processor was shitty.

Finally settled on a Onkyo DV-CP704

its normally 2200, tweeter is having a clearance sale on them. What is E-HDTV?

Sony 50” LCD Projection HDTV (KDF-50E2000)

50" LCD projection TV: The benefits of 3LCD projection technology are high-detail, natural colors and exceptional brightness. The KDF-50E2000 delivers these great video qualities along with the picture enhancements provided by the WEGA engine, Sony’s proprietary image-processing technology.

HDTV with built-in HD tuner: Get picture clarity that’s many times that of standard television with the TV’s HD (720p) screen resolution. The built-in digital tuner means you don’t have to buy an additional component to watch hi-def television—just plug and play.

Quality image processing: In most TVs, video signals are converted back and forth from digital to analog a number of times, causing signal degradation and poorer picture quality. Sony’s WEGA Engine™ System offers fully-digital signal processing for a crisper picture with virtually no noise or blurriness. Other picture enhancements include Cinema Black Pro, which strengthens black levels for an overall richer picture, and Advanced Iris, which adjusts the picture to compensate for dark TV scenes or bright room lighting.

Upgrades analog signals to near-HD: Wondering how ordinary programming will look on this TV? With the KDF-50E2000, even standard analog TV signals look great because of Sony’s Digital Reality Creation® (DRC) multifunction technology. A robust line doubler, DRC upconverts ordinary video to an HD equivalent, producing up to four times the image resolution.

Versatile A/V connections including HDMI: Use the TV’s full array of inputs—including HDMI, composite, component and S-video—to hook up your home theater the way you want. HDMI is a wideband cable that transmits the sharpest video and audio signals possible.

Quality sound: Get high-quality sound to go with your hi-def picture. The KDF-50E2000 has Dolby® Virtual Surround encoding that creates the effect of being immersed in sound, along with SRS® TruSurround® XT.

Other features: Include favorite channel, sleep timer, V-chip, and Steady Sound®, a feature that prevents volume jumps that occur when TV commercials come on.

thats not plasma tho. great price on it even tho its a sony :slight_smile:

EDTV, its just lower resolution, the stores try to trick u by saying its real HD, but its not. Hence the cheaper prices on them.

Its not a bad rear projection LCD, but I do not like the black levels of Rear projection. ITs a good price for an entry level HDTV.

EDTV=480p
HDTV=720p,1080i,1080p

ps reason why plasma>lcd my native resolution 1024 x 1080i

right now plasma is the way to go.

its is for a stand alone, but for projection the Sony DLP SXRD projector is the way to go, I just hate black levels and how nothing is truely black with an LCD.