11s or Bust -- Stippy17's 00' TA

Not sure if your trying to be whitty or serious, but how did you know?

It started as a joke cuz I dont like riding all my friends around. Never did with anything Ive owned. So now its a one seater, my drag radials fit comfortable to the right side of me, and either I drive myself or ride with friends. Works well for me, and saves a tad bit of weight.

I used to strip mine all out for drag days and ironically, got my best runs with everything in the car. Pulling all that crap out just wasn’t worth the effort to me for such minimal weight savings.

the 4 nuts were too much of a hassle to take off?

completely understandable

Lol. I take Thursdays off, so I have nothing better to do than to tinker with the car. I dont mind bolting/unbolting the seats. Takes 10 mins for the rears and passenger seat…not really a hassle to me. But like I said its mainly so I dont have to lug friends around.

should have bought a C5 Z06 then…

But you know what setup is great for a car without a passenger seat? A huge turbo or blower setup with intercooler mounted right where the seat was :slight_smile:

HELLO?! Not everyone has your salary you ass. :stuck_out_tongue: Altho I prolly coulda swung an early 00’s one, Im just not that into Corvette’s. Ill stick with my FBody’s an taunt both of my uncles that have stock vettes haha.

Haha you think outside the box WAY to much. Why dont you do that for your next setup an lemme know how it works out lol.

hmmmmm c6zo6 might be in my garage soon.

Quick ignorant question that has nothing to do with my car lol. Whats the biggest difference between the C5’s & C6’s…and how about the Z06’s? Like I said never really got into Vettes…

hmmmmm c6zo6 might be in my garage soon.

Give me a ride slut.

You can find a C5 Z06 for 15 grand or so. Not all that much more than that TA :slight_smile: High 11 second car stock with drag radials :slight_smile:

that a joke?

Yup, still dont see why you want one so bad tho lol.

Yes I was being serious.

C5 is 97-04 and C6 is kinda 05-current but the C6 has two engine options over those years. C5 gets LS1 while C6 gets LS2 or LS3 in the newest ones.

Completely different body style and performance. C5 Z06 has different body lines than the base C5. Only the 99-01 Fixed roof coupes (All the others were targa tops) sorta look like the Z06 but dont have the same motor. Z06 has the LS6 which is a badass motor. 405hp compared to the C5’s 350 hp.

C6 Z06 looks sorta like the base C6 but I think it has abit wider fender flares and a hood scoop. Different wheels, suspension/brakes, lighter, different motor, etc. Different class of vehicle. LS7 427" motor with over 505hp. Its pretty badass compared to the 400hp LS2 C6 or the 450hp LS3.

Don’t forget the earlier C5 zo6’s had 385hp also the z’s have m12 trannies

just get that torque arm ! -2 pinion setting !

that setup is actually very common… no offense to mph boy, but that really isn’t thinking outside the box. lots of people do it and it works fairly well.

I gotcha Justin. I think my one uncle has the C5 Z06, and the other uncle has a C6…not sure tho. Ive seen a few of the LS7’s at car shows this year…that motor is pretty sweet. Now are all those WHP #'s or crank?

Haha if I can find a used Torque Arm thatll probably be the next mod. Ill be switching the solid panhard bar from the 86’ to the 00’ sometime this week. Already did the solid LCAs. Might change the oil even tho its only been about 1500 miles and looks decent. I use Pennzoil Platinum oil and Mobil 1 filters…get the oil free from work thats the reason why. May use Royal Purple or Mobil 1 this oil change. Not sure if Im gonna go to TNT Thursday since I plan on going to BRA on Sunday.

Yeah Ive seen a few setups similar to that, but Im sure Justin would be one of the first to do it in a turdgen.

quit taking parts off the 86 and get that car done already :slight_smile:

that setup is actually very common… no offense to mph boy, but that really isn’t thinking outside the box. lots of people do it and it works fairly well.

man quit being such a buzzkill

Again…if I had your salary they would both be in the 11s right now lol. I was actually messing with it today, and I was just reminded what all problems it still has. Both the power steering and alternator belts fly off if it is rev’d around 4k or so…oil leak somewhere from the moroso pan…fuel issue where its not getting enough fuel…minor interior that needs finished…needs the rest of the exhaust…needs the tach and speedo wired up…inspected…etc etc. :frowning:

LCAs and PB are the only things Im swapping over. Ill just buy a new set when the 86 is ready for the road…no big deal. Figured since I have them Id put them into use haha.

Do you pull the floormats when you run?

Also, you did all the free mods and shit right?

Floormats and seats are pulled when I run, yup.

TB is ported, and the coolant throttle body bypass was done. Those are the major free mods.