16-0 or 15-1

28-16 giants… in 2.2 secs

yup

if the giants can hold it together…

meh, lot of time left.

TRUE

Moss is so nasty… mmmmm

go gaints!

Come on NE! Sorry guys… What’s it now 31-28NE? Patriots will win I think.

didnt watch this shit, was at a christmas party, but i can only speculate as to what happened.
giants came out looking good, ran shit for awhile, pats kept lingering there, within striking distance, then once they got to the 4th Q every break and call started going their way, they picked up some first downs by a few inches, and pulled ahead. These lucky breaks are attributed by the announcers as “tom brady is a winner” or something of the sort. thats their usual story line. close?
close?

GAYYYYYYYYYY

38-28 NE… With 3 mins left. Anyone really think NY can pull it off?

not even close. i would think even giants fans would tell you that :picard:

quick summary

only reason giants were in the game early were 2 plays (1 long reception on 1st drive, and a kick return for 6, thanks to the 15 yrd penalty the pats picked up for team celebration). pats out played them on D, and on offense, with the exception that in the first half, they only managed FGs instead of TDs.

They returned to their ways, burning the giants with pressure on defense, and offense that couldn’t be touched. The calls were all good for the most part and the 3rd down pick ups that were huge were 10+ yarders, and weren’t close by “inches”.

Your hatorade is welcome in other threads, but has no place here :lockd:

Congrats to the Pats, they’ve definately earned it.

One helluva game. Giants played best they have all season in the first half… then just could not adjust to NE’s 2nd half.

Yes, they are that good, but I will not call them the greatest until they win the title this year. Its more then just a formality.

16-0 and no title is the same as having 800whp and running in the 10’s.

I’m personally glad to have seen history this year.

that script must only work for their playoff victories. throw in a few complete mental meltdowns by the other side

I find that ridiculous.

People saying 16-0 without winning the SB isn’t an acomplisment are fucking morons. The same way someone saying getting 600HP out of a stock Civic isn’t impressive is moronic. :violin:

IMO, oging 16-0 in today’s league is far more impressive than going 14-0 + the SB in 1972. :shrug:

:mamoru:

As long as it works

Im not saying its not impressive. See other thread just started.

It IS impressive… but you are not the greatest FOOTBALL team if you go undefeated but lose the post season.

IF FOR NO OTHER REASON then you CANT be the greatest, because of the 72 dolphins. They did it, technically they hold the greatest title IMO.

Shorter season be damned. Todays league is faster, tougher, and more complex, but the thing applies.

600 whp civics are great. Unless they can outperform comparable cars in applicable situations for a car, who cares?
How many dynos do you see at stop lights? Cars are made for forward progress… sports teams are made for winnig titles.

:gotme:

And IMO, I hardly find the '72 dolphins feat very impressive. It is much more impressive to win in todays league when they have done so much to level the playin field. It has nothing to do with the league being faster or tougher.

they let their insurance policy with the devil lapse for one quarter in the AFC championship last year and look what happened. They made sure it wont happen again.
Here was the article from the onion

FOXBORO, Massachusetts – The New England Patriots Sunday agreed to a five-year, $100-million deal with the Prince of Darkness.

“Satan is an incredibly valuable member of the Patriots’ family,” said team owner Bob Kraft, “and we are delighted our fans will continue to enjoy his exploits while being delivered into his power.”

The Patriots acquired the Great Deceiver as a free agent before the 2001 season, after last-minute negotiations and pleas for forgiveness from Baltimore Ravens owner Art Modell. Since then, the Devil has led the previously-inept New England franchise to three Super Bowl championships and five AFC East titles.

The team has not been without struggles, as players have left to sign with other teams or been sent into the bowels of hell. The Patriots this year have worked without football receiver Deion Branch, who signed with the Seattle Seahawks, and defensive tackle Ted Washington, now walking in a circle in a lead jacket for all eternity.

However, Kraft said there have been three constants: Satan, coach Bill Belichick, and quarterback Tom Brady, previously an unemployed 48-year-old machinist from San Matteo, California.

“When Satan magically transformed this 7th round loser into the greatest quarterback in history, we knew he’d be worth every penny,” Kraft said. “Only members of Satan’s dark army know how pathetic Tommy was before that fateful night at the crossroads.”

Belichick had signed with Satan the previous year, gaining a reputation as a genius coach in exchange for his soul and his fashion sense.

“It’s really not so much that I’m brilliant,” Belichick said after defeating the San Diego Chargers 24-21 Sunday. “Satan continually delivers our enemies unto us, praise be unto him. No sooner do they take the field than they’re suddenly turning over the ball and having accidents.”

Satan had expressed interest in signing Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, but Manning has already sold his soul to Mastercard.

The Dark Lord will remain with the Patriots through the 2011 season, at which point he will carry a screaming Kraft into a world of terror and darkness.

That is about as funny as AIDS. Glad you know where Page 2 is.

By the way, I’d love to see more “if” “if” “if” and “when” “when” “when” crap from all the haters. Please spew it all out tonight so I can read it in the morning when I wake up.