180sx In Winter?

how many of you drive your cars in winter?

how did you find handleing a rwd car with that kinda power?

would you say its easy and i should slap winter tires on my car?

my has nothing done to it, its not lowered or nothing so i dont see why not to tell you the truth

A friend of mine drove his last winter. He made by with all seasons. This year he’s using winter tires. Winter tires are a good idea regardless of the car.

I’m running mine this year with Hakkapellitas. I drove 2 winter in high school with a Mustang on all seasons. I’m not too worried.

put a bag or 2 of sand in your trunk and it should be fine.

NOOOO

DO NOT PUT SAND IN THE TRUNK.

180’s have enough wieght in the rear, never came close to needing it last year (also on Happikalta’s)
However once you start sliding that weight becomes a problem. If it shifts it can throw the back end ouot when you least expect it.

Go and drive it and have some fun. 240’s are awsome to slide around in winter

I drove a turbo S12 on all seasons last winter. It doesnt have as much power as a 180sx but it was still a boosted rwd car. The only time I had problems was when I got run off into the ditch and had one of the back wheels of the ground and couldnt get out and when there was that huge storm just before spring. I got stuck twice. Other than that I never slid around too much.

Your kidding right? 175HP…“That kinda power”…Dude its a car and you dont have to pin it all the time when driving. Anyways get some winter tires and you shouldnt have a problem during winter, you may get stuck but stoping and turning will be just like any other car in the winter. Acceleration will be like a 2wd truck.

Your kidding right? 175HP…“That kinda power”…Dude its a car and you dont have to pin it all the time when driving. Anyways get some winter tires and you shouldnt have a problem during winter, you may get stuck but stoping and turning will be just like any other car in the winter. Acceleration will be like a 2wd truck.[/quote]

Its not that bad…no need for lsd in the winter :E

NOOOO

DO NOT PUT SAND IN THE TRUNK.

180’s have enough wieght in the rear, never came close to needing it last year (also on Happikalta’s)
However once you start sliding that weight becomes a problem. If it shifts it can throw the back end ouot when you least expect it.
[/quote] :werd: I needed to put like 8 sand bags in the back of my 99 Ranger when I had it and one time when I was driving down Sunshine I lost control around a left curve (hit gravel) and then I was in a constant battle for control for honest to god almost the length of a football field. Never in my life have I ever fishtailed for so long or seen anyone fishtail like that since then. Not to mention I got control of the truck and stoped it an inch away from the outside gaurd rail and literally the Truck would have gone straight over the edge of about a 50-80 ft drop. My brother and I didn’t say a word to each other all the way back to Edmonton, cause we both knew we would have been dead if the Truck had went any further. Sandbags are bad bad things.

yah i don’t see why people use sandbags instead of buying a decent set of winter tires

as for me,i bought some chains of ebay for $10,bring on the snow

Probably because you can buy sandbags at esso for like $5 and tires are like way more. I put 3 in the back of my truck and no problems yet

hahaha! well, im from yellowknife, Nt, so i get more winter than any of you! just buy some ultragrips, you’ll be fine. thats what me and my buddy did, he has a 240sx. i had a celica. we would do things in the winter with those cars and tires, that you would never think possible. A good set it tires goes a long way.

I drove my 180sx all last winter … bought a FULL set of winter tires and never got in to trouble once …totally worth the money by far …

Phew, that’s good to hear from all of you!! :smiley:

I was gonna ask the same thing as I’m using my Silvia this winter… stupid broke ass can’t afford a winter beater…!!! :roll:

Chris

Yup it can’t be overstated, winter tires make your life sooo much easier.

Dan Im driving my 240 with more power then your car in the winter and its fine. A little slidways when i get into the boost to much but just keep your foot outta her and you will be fine. But i would DEFFINATLY invest in some winter tires and I have wheels for cheap if you need them