18x8.5" Work Equip|Rare DDC Lips|Need refinishing

So my girlfriend bought these a while ago in the same condition they are now. They never made it on her MKV and they’ll look teeny on her Beetle, so it’s time for them to go.

18" Work Equip
1.5" DDC lips
5x114.3
+44
SOLD

They powdercoat looks like ****, the lips need to be repolished, and there are small (easily sandable) knicks and curb scratches. I had one face partially media blasted and dude polished it to see how they would look. He kind of creeped me out so I said I would get back to him. Either way, they’re split already they need a refinish.

18" Equips are not terribly common, especially with DDC lips. I contacted VR Wheels and they have a pair of 2.5" lips to make these 8.5/9.5 (for $200 I think).

Whatever, on to the good stuff.

Wheel 1

Wheel 2

Wheel 3

Wheel 4

Center caps, o-rings, emblems

Hardware

moving this to network… there are a number of Canadian guys who can redo these things.

those lips are supercool

Thanks Bing! I didn’t even notice this section!

Good seller :tup: Dan!

These would look rad on a 240 (hello Canadians) I’m sure you could sweet talk him into meeting you at the Busti ave BK lounge if you bring him some poutine and maybe a bag of milk

So lips are polished? Faces are coated? were the faces coated over chrome?

All caps are in good shape?

Where you located?

Lips are polished, but they need a once-over. Faces are/were pc’d over raw metal, because you can’t powder over anything but clean metal. As pictured the caps are all in fine shape, they too need to be re-powdered. These are located in Buffalo, NY.

You can coat over chrome, it just makes it a real bitch down the road. Only reason I asked lol

Definitely interested just have some other things going on at the moment. If they’re around when it makes sense I’ll drive down and grab em!

OP, this is the guy you want to talk to. He just redid my CCW Classics.

I didn’t know you could do that, but I’m seems foolish to. Yeah these were coated over clean metal, it just looks like an amateur did it. It bums me out that we never finished these and got them on a car, but oh well.