19" SSR Professor SP1's for 150 each!!!

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=SP995SL55JBSATAL&wheelMake=SSR&wheelModel=Professor+SP1&wheelFinish=Bright+Satin+w%2FAnodized+Lip&showRear=no&autoMake=Honda&autoModel=Accord+Sedan&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=EX+4cyl&filterSize=All&filterFinish=All&filterSpecial=false&filterBrand=All&filterNew=All&sort=Brand

shitty offset but get yourself some spacers and you have some ballin ass wheels on a budget

there were better sizes available before, but nothing too awesome.

axiswheels.com had a retarded sale on for a few days. $100/per wheel! I scored a set of 20x10-inch and 20x9 for the Bimmer just because I could LOL.

Total was like $530CAD shipped = sickness

How good are Axis? I don’t know that brand, do they do proper forged wheels, or gay knockoff shit?

So if they are not forged, they are gay knockoff shit? There are lots of wheels like Advan, Work and most Weds Sports which are heavy cast wheels that toonerz swing off their nuts anyway.

I have forged for the track but for the street cast is fine.

Axis makes a decent wheel. Their lightest wheel is the Reverb on their drift and track cars. Never head of any failures and they are on plenty of competition vehicles. Their EXE line is on lots of high end projects as well.

http://www.axiswheels.com/images/project/pro_cars/axis_350s.jpg

http://www.axiswheels.com/images/project/pro_cars/gtc_big.jpg

No, I’m well aware of cast wheels made by reputable brands such as Rays, etc… They’re still weak and I’d never put them on my car, but they’re not knockoffs. I’ve just never heard of Axis and wanted to know what kind of wheels they make. Either way, you can’t be baller with weaksauce cast wheels, Auto Couture makes some gangster looking wheels, but they’re still forged and weigh like 19lbs for a 19x10" wheel.

Interesting. I actually have forged wheels unlike 99% of the toonerz out there and even my 18x10-inch RP03s weigh 21.4lbs.

BBS forged RS-GTs 19x10 are 22.8lbs. One of Enkei’s lightest forged RPF1 19x10 is 20.7lbs even forged Volk TE-37s 19x9.5 are 21.1-pounds…so considering these are F1 suppliers I’m gonna call BS for Auto Couture.

BTW forged isn’t really baller anymore - its affordable. Baller is carbon fiber and magnesium.

http://www.dymag-usa.com/archives/images/gmg3.jpg

Haha are you serious?!

That’s awesome!

What are some of the weights they’re pulling off with these materials?

The 18x10 is only 14lbs. All forged magnesium is light as well but not as shock resistant. GMG was hitting rumble strips so hard at the Time Attack I was at, it would bend any other wheel.

Dymag of the UK has the biggest carbon line but CEC also had one at SEMA…won’t be long before its affordable.

Wow too cool!

14 lb 18x10’s, what a feat…!

Forged is heavier than cast, Enkei RPF1s arn’t forged, I don’t think most of their line up is.

Anything worth running in Enkei’s racing line including the RPF1 is a hybrid called MAT, not simply cast.

. MAT Most Advanced Technology MAT is a new technology for producing an aluminum wheel, that is a combination of MAP and Flow-Forming forging technology. ENKEI applies MAT to High Performance aftermarket wheels and special Performance components of Original Equipment (OE) customers, such as 2003 Mitsubishi EVOVIII and 2004 Acura TL Limited.

What you guys think of work meisters s1’s in 2 piece??

Sweet wheels. I saw them being manufactured at the Work Factory. Center is negative pressure cast, outer is cold forged.

I just scored a set of Work Wheels for the GTR…will debut in Spring ;-p

Dave = wheel guru?? who knew!

good infos, thanks guys

I’m curious about this claim that Forged is heavier than Cast.

That’s the opposite of my understanding.

Yeah that would be one for pretengineers to answer…depends on the design and thickeness really.

Forged in theory is lighter and stronger since the continuity of the metal is more solid and there are minimal defects. So you can have thinner minimum thicknesses, less material but high strength.

The BBS engineers say their wheels are heavier in general simply because they are concerns with strength and anti-flex above all. They do no believe in many of the thin spoke designs out there and their design is similar year after year because it was the best compromise developed over decades.

fair enough…

i guess the theory of “forged is lighter because it requires less material” makes more sense than anything else i’ve heard.

It’s true, during forging, the internal structure of the metal, and the grain aligns itself in the shape of the final product, offering additional strength over what you would have when casting.
It’s not that complex of a concept though, our racially confused white guy did a pretty good job of figuring it out.