1968 Porsche 912

It’s time to sell my summer ride. This is the same as a 911 chassis, except it has an air-cooled aluminum flat-4 instead of the 6-cylinder. The handling is great and it’s a real classic sports car for sure.

It has 1,500 miles on a totally rebuilt engine and 5-speed trans axle

Here are some details on the restoration:

Brakes: New Master cylinder, Rebuilt calipers, rotors & new wheel bearings front & rear

Suspension: New shocks/ struts front & rear. New tires.

Engine & Trans Rebuild: New engine bearings, pistons, rings, valves etc (COMPLETE rebuild). 5-Speed trans-axle completely rebuilt with new synchros, bearings, bushings etc. new clutch, fuel pump & Weber 2-barrel carb conversion.

Body: New front & rear floor pans, door pillars, heater channels, rockers, inner & outer wheel houses. All new body & glass seals.

Paint:base-coat/ clear-coat green.

Interior: Re-upholstered front seats, new headliner included but not installed.

The steering is tight and there are no problems shifting through the gears. The single weber carb conversion is very functional compared to the original dual-carb setup.

I’ve included the factory floor mats and a genuine porsche nose-bra as well as the factory door panel pockets which have not been re-installed.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 518-852-2858 Price: $7,500

Brett

Good luck with sale!

By the way I’m the guy in the red Mk1 MR2 that pulled over to see what was up when you broke your throttle cable turning from Veeder Rd onto Dr Shaw Rd a few months ago :lol The dude in the green Subaru that brought you zipties is cazwrx187 on here. :thumbup

Well you have a couple of kick ass cars, dont you? Good Luck.

Mind if I came and did a PPI on the car? Who did the rebuild on the motor? Stock five speed 901 gearbox or converted over to 915 five speed gearbox?? Who rebuilt?

Good price, for a rare car in good condition. Talk about a light chassis! :slight_smile: Do an 86mm bore kit and it’d be a snappy little summer ride.

Hey thanks for helping with those zip ties! For the record: I replaced the zip ties on my throttle linkage with the correct part.

I should mention that the restoration on this porsche was done 14 years ago, but the owner went overseas before the car was finished. he drove it 200 miles and put it up on blocks in his garage under a cover for 10 years. I bought it this spring with all the receipts & paperwork. A restoration shop in Maine did all the work. They specialize in Porsche. The paint looks great, as does the undercarriage. Aside from a little surface rust on some of the suspension components, there’s no way to tell this car has been stored for that long.

I removed the fuel tank, had it cleaned and rebuilt the carburetor. I also changed the oil & did some basic greasing & checking of suspension parts. It’s been 100% reliable since.

The car runs very well right now, but could use a bit larger jet for more fuel on the top end. Hackel’s VW service can tune Webers and I spoke with the old man about it. I just never had the time to leave it for a few days.

I’m not sure what a PPI is, but feel free to check the car out! it’s still registered, so we can drive it. I’m not too familiar with these cars, so I dont know how to tell what the gear box is.

I’m willing to negotiate on the price! If you’re interested come drive it :thumbup

SOLD

Sold to who? no one EVER buys something that quick on here

Had to be Adam, The Resident Porsche lover :slight_smile:

or somewhere else he listed it for sale would be my bet

I love that car I wish I had monehz