1969 Camaro LSX/T56 Twin Turbo - 705rwhp

Probably 50k if not closer to 60k. I’m just a poor fool, gotta build my own junkers. :slight_smile:

• Updated - - -

Probably 50k if not closer to 60k. I’m just a poor fool, gotta build my own junkers. :slight_smile:

I know that struggle :slight_smile: Really thought I think high 30s to low 40s on this one. It is a cool build but lacks some finishing and high value parts some people swoooooon for in this market.

Screw that! He should trade me for some shitty British bikes

I think the deal breaker on your car is the long block. If it had an aftermarket block with forged internals and a good set of aftermarket heads nobody would say a bad thing. People are going to expect a quality built engine at the price point of $50k. I’m not saying the engine in your car is bad, but there is always the “unknown factor” when you install a used engine with stockish parts. Even if it was taken apart and inspected. It might last 100,000 miles, or it might send a rod through the block the instant the boost gets turned up.

I agree on the pricing of some of those so-called Pro-Touring cars. They are just RETARDED with their pricing (some of them). Slap some 20’s on a '68 Chevelle and suddenly it’s worth $20k more. You get all of these top tier builders making these cars and charging 6-figures, so people think it’s a deal finding one for $40k. Go to the shows and look at the local Ring Brothers car called “Blizzard” or look at camarojoe’s Chevelle “SiniSSter”. The level of attention in every area of the car is mind boggling. When you see them up close you can start to understand why they cost what they do.

Isn’t an “unknown factor” with the purchase of every used vehicle let alone a modified one at that? There are brand new cars that leave the dealer parking lots and have catastrophic failures, the odds may be slim compared to a used vehicle but it still happens and the buyer should be aware of that.

A properly built pro-touring vehicle is much more than an old “muscle-car” with 20’s on it. Maybe Drew should disclose a few suspension prices? The same goes with @Minglor.

So $2000 in machine work and rods/Pistons will add 10k+ in value?

Nah. I’m not selling the Nova anytime.
If I did I wouldn’t list it local at all, just like the miata.
I would love to see nyspeeds response to a thread on a miata for 15k.

But you’re on point, proper suspension and brakes are also a big factor for protouring type builds along with drivetrain. Wheel choice…not so much

Even my motor is an unknown factor.
Unless you have build receipts or a receipt for the crate motor, who knows what is really going on and then you turn up the boost and pop it anyway.

In my opinion, 69 camaros sell for too much - Every last one of them.
This doesn’t bring the price down at all.
I see clapped out rollers getting sold for 7/8000.

LOL at that stupid comment!!! Yeah, I’m sure the buyer is comparing this with a brand new Camry in terms of longevity. Anyone stupid enough to actually have that thought run through their mind needs to be dick punched. “Unknown factor” of a TT LSx build-:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obviously…

What if God built it himself?

Good luck to anyone who can find a clean 69’ Camaro to even start with.

Clean 69 camaros are everywhere for sale, you just have to be willing to pay.

I’m prepared to offer $15k, a case of Four Loko, and a chance to diversify your portfolio courtesy or Wu-Tang Financial.

You have 24 hours to accept this once in a lifetime deal.

Old 4 Loko or new 4 Loko?

Ohhh. That could be the deal breaker…

Machine work? Where did I say machine work?

Do you honestly think a junkyard or takeout LQ4 with stock heads and an LS6 intake is a selling point in a $50k car? I think that is the roadblock here. You don’t. Ok carry on.

I’m just here to say I’ve been in a few Ring Brothers cars and they are nasty. The detail paid to every part is amazing, I wouldn’t even want to drive one its art.

There’s also a couple thousand dollars in beer that went into this car.

this :tup:

I’m not a cheap date either…

:slight_smile:

Thread closed. I don’t see many updates so no need to keep a conversation going.

Thanks everyone for the help on the build! Maybe it will get driven next season.