1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350 $6000 obo

SOLD SOLD SOLD

1971 Chevelle. I just took this as a partial trade when I sold my truck. I really wanted cash not another car but this is what the guy had. Runs and drives well and looks good from 10ft. If you look close up you will see this is not a show car, and it is not listed at a show car price. I am not looking for any trades, just cash and priced it for a quick sale. The full interior is brand new this year, the motor and trans I was told have 2000 miles on them. Tires are good, wheels are nice. The guy told be “The 350 is bored .040 over with a turbo 350 transmission both rebuilt with 2000 miles on them and it could use new bumpers.” Other than that it is what it is. I will have more pictures up later tonight.

I am asking $6000 /best offer. 716-400-5511

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v674/justin9212/chevelle.jpg

Find out more about whats in the motor, 9 times outta 10 a .040 over motor is already on its second rebuild, and most of the time you dont want to go .060 over on the old school small blocks due to how close it is to the coolant passages.

is it numbers matching? what trim was the car from the factory, which rear end? how much mud is in it?

I’d be interested but I’d need more info as I’m in Houston and would be basically buying this site unseen. How is all the metal? Like mentioned above how much mud is in it? (If you want run a magnate covered in felt over the body.) What size rear end? Numbers match? (I’m guessing not.) Can you tell any info on the engine such as the heads and intake carb set up? More pictures would be really nice. What type of brakes are on the car?

It has new 1/4’s on it, but there is some mud on them for sure, how much I have no idea. I would not use it for a restoration project myself, really just a cruiser. It is not numbers matching, and I have no idea what the original trim is. The car was redone to it’s current condition in the early 90’s.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

I will get better pictures later to show it better.

in for more pics

Chevelle or Malibu?

I was told it is a Chevelle the VIN is 136371K134051 if it helps any.
http://chevelle.www7.50megs.com/vin.htm

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Update for Pics. These are not the best. I will take better pictures on Friday if anyone is interested…

Car looks like it would be one hell of a start to a fine cruiser. The front bumper looks pushed in a little bit. The dash is a dead giveaway to it being a Malibu with the column shift and the horizontal speedo. Even if it were numbers matching it wouldn’t add any value since the motor isn’t desireable. Perfect car to turn into an SS clone and do what you want with it. Put it on racingjunk.com, that seems like a really good price.

Thanks for the heads up. Saw you the other day droping off a package on Winspear.

Are you fucking retarded??? Yeah, it’s a numbers matching car, all original for
$6,000. Stupid fuck. Also, some old guy owned it, drove it to the local Chevy meets, had 1500 miles on it, died, and his widow let it sit in the garage for 30 years. She doesn’t know what it is or what it’s worth, I bet she’d take $500 for it. It’s not worth that much as it smells inside like moth balls, and it has some wierd numbers on the side fender, something like a 4-5-4 and some letters, maybe S-R or S-S, I don’t know.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW FUCKING RETARDED PEOPLE ARE!!! It’s a $6k Chevelle, buy it and enjoy it. Numbers matching-you are a fucking retard!!!

It’s a Malibu, you fucking retard didn’t you see the pictures? Just breath man it’ll all be OK.

Super solid looking car for the money. I might have to get my dad to check this out. :slight_smile: GLWTS

everything your post is awesome.
Nice car btw GLWS I just bought a truck damn it

Quattro Krant, go have a beer.

Justin, I’m gonna talk to my uncle about this, he used to have a Chevelle clone a while ago, he’s been looking for a new project.

Thanks, and let him know I want this gone soon. There is a guy coming to look at it today when I get out of work. I would like this gone by the end of next week. If nothing looks like it is going to go local by Sunday I will be listing it on eBay.

<3

I wish I had the coin, I’d do just that, buy it, and enjoy it.

A Chevelle is just a trim package on the Malibu

if it isnt a rust and bondo barge this is a pretty decent price

Hows it look underneath the package tray in the rear window??

The car looks rust free everywhere I can see. Whoever hung the 1/4’s on it used filler at the seams where they meet the roofline and it is starting to have hiarline cracks in the paint. And someone welded in new metal at some point for new floors and trunk, looks like it was all done a long time ago though. Someone is going to have either a great crusier, or a good starting point for restoration. If I were to keep it I would sand it all down, smooth it back out and re-spray it. The inner fender wells still have the stickers on them, so I would guess this was not driven in the rain much either. This is priced very fair for a quick sale.

Wow this looks surprisingly like the car my friend sold earlier in the year, I’ve only seen it once but for some reason those gauges stick out in my mind. I’ll fwd him the link see if it is his old car and maybe he will have more info on it.

Edit: Nope, very similar, guess this one has been for sale for awhile

$6K for the 1970-72 bodystyle Malibu/Chevelle as a complete driver is pretty good. Especially seeing as it’s a running car. Nice price, car shouldn’t last long.