1971 Mustang Mach1 All Tube Car - no motor

All Tube car 71 Ford Mustang Mach 1 -$9900

First off…I’d like to say I’ve been out of the racing loop for 10+ years. I’ve priced the car on advice from 2 friends who are still into racing. The price is ‘what they would expect to pay’ for the car and the included components. If it’s out of line and you’re interested…drop me a line xt

You can txt me also at 716.870.8175

Located in the Buffalo NY area

Car was completely recaged by Vito Antonicelli in 1999 to pass NHRA certification (tubing wall thickness was to small). Very few passes on the car since. Last certified in 99 and last pass in the car was in 1999. Anything
SFI dated will obviously be expired (Belts, net etc).

Fiberglass front bumper, fenders, hood, doors.
All Lexan windows
Removable driver’s door
Removable steering wheel
Windows net (expired)
Driver and passenger seat with belts (expired)

Set up for a BBC
Headers
4" exhaust
Midplate

Tranny included:
Fresh 2 speed powerglide
‘Pro’ trans brake
TCI Scattershield
Flywheel shield
Removable tranny tunnel
Hurst reverse 1/4 stick with housing

Back:
CE adjustable coil overs
‘N’ case Ford 9"
Reinforced rear end housing
Full spool 4:11s
Hardened axels
Drive shaft
Driveshaft loop
Ladder bars with track locator
17.5 x 32 Mickey Thomason street slicks
Charging lugs
Master on\off switch
LineLock
Parachut

Trunk:
20 gallon (?..might be bigger) fuel cell in rear
Dual battery mount
Paxton fuel pump

Up front:
Rack and pinion Steering
Coil overs
Big aluminum radiator
Electric cooling fan
Trans cooler with remote filter
Ignition coil
2 gallon ‘NOS’ fuel cell with pump
Throttle linkage
NOS line and bottle brackets

Electronics included:
Crossover delay box
MSD 3 stage retard box
MSD 7AL-2 ingition
2 step

Autometer gauges:
Monster tachometer with shift light and oil light
Volts
Water
Oil
Fuel

What you get is basically a complete car minus the motor. Back then I thought I had a transmission issue so I had it rebuild. It turns out I cracked the engine block and bent a few valves in my original motor. Pulled the motor with
the intentions of replacing it…then life took over…and the car has been in storage ever since.

The rebuilt tranny has zero passes…it was brought up on the brake a couple of times…then the motor was pulled.

I owned the car from 1995 and raced it from about 95-99. Never had any issues of any kind with chassis related stuff. I had a buddy of mine talk me into putting a bigger cam in it that ended up breaking some motor parts (bent valves etc).

The car always went straight and was actually quite boring to drive. I have no recollection of short times as
it’s been way to long. This is the old Inky Brothers (spelling?) Mustang

More pictures

You might want to get in touch with a member on here…goes by the handle cougarspeed.

This reminds me of the one Steven Segal drove in Marked for Death.

Until Screwface crushed it with the loader / garbage truck. What a waste.

Kinda interesting…that movie is what sent me looking for a 71-72 Mach1…I think the movie used a 73 though. I ended up buying a 71 Mach1 while I was away for school in 1990 or possibly 91. A few years later this guy popped up locally and I had to have it. I still have them both.

In my 4-5 years of racing traveling the Northeast a bit…I’ve only ever seen one other 71-73 Mustang tube car at the track

I’ll drop Cougarspeed a PM…Thanks!

Off topic, well sorta, do you have a pony tail? If so you may just have to keep the car man, its just so fitting.

Ha! Did ya even have to ask?

Picture from my wedding on 7.23.2011

lmao, haha! Pony tail included in the sale!!

GLWS man!

Funny…I just sold the new 572 I had done about 10 years ago to a guy in Niagara falls

Probably should update my profile to include my location…

More pictures? I don’t really have room for another car but can pass the word. This is a fair asking price for the amount of chassis work done.

Here’s the link that might have been buried in the original post

I could probably snap a few more tonight…whatcha wanna see?

Come on, who the F are you kidding? You’ll just start lining them down the driveway.

This car is bad ass…that is all

Back to the top…
Had a few phone calls and got to talk to some pretty cool people. Seems the location of the car has been a deal killer…