1973 Datsun 240Z - Craigslist dope find

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/cto/3220385756.html

wish it had a ls2

Up for sale is my 1973 Datsun 240Z. Car has been completely reconditioned by the previous owner and spent most of its time sitting in a garage before I bought it. I am the third owner of the car - previous 2 owners were family friends. Ever since ownership, I have completed all maintenance items on the car and have been daily driving it for the last year without any issues whatsoever - it is a complete turn key car. A caveat; the car is loud, low, smells like a badass 40 year old sports car, and gets a ton of attention everywhere it goes. As I went along, everything that was done to it served to enhance both form and function without spoiling the timeless lines and classic styling by destroying the quarter panels with fender flares or gaudy body kits. The exhaust note is utterly amazing - I will try my best to upload a video to Youtube soon to prove it. Reason for sale is that I am moving out east for work and would not have much opportunity to drive this there. Car is currently in Vancouver but I can bring it with me to Toronto if there is interest.

The original L24 engine was swapped out for a later L28 from a 280Z. Then the engine was fully rebuilt and machined and stroked out to 3.1L with triple 44mm. Mikuni carburetors. At the time of the swap, the accompanying 5 speed transmission was swapped in and mated to a R200 differential. The carbs were rebuilt, synced, and dyno-tuned at Z Therapy in Everett, WA. All machine and headwork was done in Seattle. The exhaust consists of a MSA header and a custom 3" straight-pipe exhaust. Evolution Auto built a custom bolt-in test pipe for it - cat converter is included.

The odometer reads 18,xxx miles and has a clean title. The body was fully repainted in 2007 and during the restoration, all emblems and the drip-rails were shaved off and welded closed. The rocker panels and doglegs were replaced and the floor pans and floor rails are in excellent condition and have been treated to POR-15. The underbody has been undercoated and all interior panels have been treated to Eastwood Internal Frame Coating as well. A Xenon airdam, headlight covers, and low-profile carbon fibre front and rear bumpers and a carbon fibre BRE ducktail spoiler complete the exterior changes.

Everything in the interior works - fan and defrost blow cold and hot, windows wind up and down smoothly, and all lights work. Door weatherstrips have been replaced with brand new Kia Sportage units and the sunroof works flawlessly with no leaks. The only upgrades are the Nardi Classic wood steering wheel with a NRG carbon fibre quick release hub and Recaro SPG racing bucket seats with Recaro sidemount rails mounted to custom brackets that are mated to the original seat sliders. Everything else was left original including the gauges. The wooden Datsun shift knob is still in amazing condition. The diamond vinyl, headliner, and interior trim panels are all in great condition still.

To round out the package, Hyperco coilovers were welded onto Tokico Illumina struts. Cusco strut tower bars are on the front and rear. Brakes have been upgraded to Silvermine Motors 4 piston front calipers with stainless steel lines, 280ZX master cylinder, and drilled & slotted rotors. Wheels are 15x9" Rota Shakotans with Hankook V2 tires that were put on just 2000 miles ago. Suspension Techniques front and rear sway bars and Energy Suspension full polyurethane bushings are not currently installed.

This car had a photoshoot done recently and was featured by the boys at Art of Stance. You can read and see it here: Datcar Datsun – The Black 240z |

Maintenance wise, EVERYTHING has been done and kept up to date. Within the last 3000 miles, the following has been done:

• Bosch 280ZX high output alternator with custom fabricated voltage regulator plug
  • Brakes flushed and filled with new DOT3 fluid
  • Mobil 1 full synthetic 10W-30 engine oil with OEM Nissan oil filter
  • NGK spark plug wires and NGK BRP6ES spark plugs
  • Wix fuel filter and ALL fuel tank vent hoses replaced
  • Royal Purple Synthetic 75W90 differential fluid and Redline MT90 transmission fluid
  • Custom brass shifter bushings installed
  • Wheel alignment done on May 16/12 at National Tire
  • K&N air filters cleaned and oiled with K&N Recharge kit
  • Wheels mounted and balanced at The Speed Syndicate

I have a folder that is over 2" thick full of receipts dating back to the 80s, and a ton of spare parts including the original wood steering wheel, miscellaneous parts, and aluminum trumpets for the carburetors. The original seats are in absolutely mint condition when they were replaced by the Recaros. The original 15x8" +0 offset Enkei 92 wheels (with invoice that dates back to 1986) has brand new Toyo R888 tires and will be included for an extra $1000.

ADDITIONAL pictures: Photo Storage

Price is $20000. Cash talks but I may consider trades for the following cars: Porsche 930/964/993 911 Carrera, Corvette C5/C6 Z06, BMW E30/E36/E46 M3 (coupe only), BMW Z3 M coupe (S54 preferred but S52 ok), Nissan Skyline R32 GTR V-Spec II or Nismo N1, Nissan Kouki S14 240SX (no S13 sorry), Mazda Miata, Toyota Supra, Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe, WRX, STi, Legacy Spec B, Cadillac CTS-V, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R, Lexus SC300 or IS300 (manual only), Volkswagen Golf R32, Toyota JZX100 Chaser or Mark II, Mercedes CLK Black, Honda S2000 (2003 AP1 preferred but AP2 ok), Infiniti G35/G37, Nissan 350Z or 370Z

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/cto/3220385756.html

OMG!!!

its nice but come on 20k and rotas

he’s modified the car, so it loses some value. 20k? seems very high.

i love those cars… i drive past a rusty one on the way up north almost every weekend. poor thing just sits there… wish i had the cash to just walk up and buy it!

I emailed him…Letting go of the verts been on my mind for a few weeks.

He posted it on GTRCanada too.

OHHHH SNAPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Cash talks but I may consider trades for the following cars: … Nissan Skyline R32 GTR V-Spec II or Nismo N1

yeah… goodluck.

It is clean though

Wow,Now that is a beautiful thing!

I so want one of those cars, even the 280Z

LOL 20k

Ya 20k is steep. Wasn’t there a LS1 swapped Z on here a little while ago just as clean for 15k?

Clean, but overpriced… especially with rotas.

I saw a orange 240z on the 400 north the other day around Innisfil. Relatively slammed, with good fitment and towing a trailer, soo dope.