1991 3000GT VR4

Brother gave this to me when he left for the Philippenes(sp) and I have too many projects as it is so I’m just selling it as-is. Should be an easy fix for someone.

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/2625891917.html

I would remove mention of the temp push button start option. Just sounds shady to me (even though it may not be). I just feel like it may deter potential buyers.

Bump.

Poor car. Good luck with the sale and hopefully some one can get it fixed up

paging sully

I think Sully has had enough

Lets buy it and burn it. Keep this fucking thing away from me!

i hear sully is in the market for one of these!

Thats a ton of miles. You sure the turbz aren’t functioning improperly thus causing the sluggishness?

No… its not even getting a chance to spool. Im 99% sure ots either fuel or vaccuum leak

my money is on clogged catalytic convertors

thats very possible. Not sure if I feel like working on it right now though… lol. I have too many projects as it is. But if it doesn’t sell then I’ll be fixing it.

are these things like a major pain in the ass or does Sully just have really shitty luck?

Major Pain like Damon Wayons. Almost nothing is accessible and the turbos like to fail.

Nope, its Chuck Testa.

Yes, they are very tough to work on. the engine bay is very tight… but from what I’ve heard, they are fun as hell to drive.

Bump. Let her run for a bit today and I can hear the turbz spooling up what seems to be pretty smoothly (going by gauge and sound alone). There is an exhaust leak by the cat so it may be very likely that the cat is clogged.

I really don’t feel like pulling this into the garage to fix it, but if she does’t sell shortly I’ll be taking a closer look.

On another note, not sure where my brother attached the vac. gauge to (some line under the hood… but I haven’t traced it back yet) but it is showing just shy of 15 at idle… not sure what that means though. lol

My evo runs at 21 in.hg at idle. I had a vacuum leak due to the BOV line at one point and the car showed 15 then. I dont know what your stock vacuum is but thats just my $0.02

Old car + difficult to work + expensive + kids own it = bad combo

They do? Honestly, been out of the game for a while but I don’t remember that. Good thing replacements are cheapos.

It’s either the PTU or coils. I had the PTU go bad, the car acted as if the cat was clogged, it ran shitty as hell.

just buy it sully