1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, Gen II JDM swap

Well, just letting you know im still interested, but now my insurance person isnt calling me back…lol gods got something against me…hopefully i will know soon though.

No problem! Appreciate the update. I know how slow these processes can be sometimes. It’s not going anywhere, lol. Just stayin cozy.

i want =[ lol glws

bumpy bump

I just have to add those that may be skeptical about the MR2…one cannot appreciate this “Diamond in the rough” unless you take a moment to really look at it and drive it. Until I drove one, which is the MR2 I currently own, I too was skeptical. The MKII chasis is a great platform that is, for lack of a better word, Perfect. The car was re-engineered in 89 as the Mark II to be a completely “new” car. The engine platform on this particular one, 3S-GTE, may not be as stout as its NA counter part (That is my Jaded opinion about OEM JDM Turbo motors other than the RB) right out of the box. BUT, with a little work they can grasp amazing horsepower. Other guys are making 400+ WHP on basically STOCK blocks with a few add-ons.

These cars were in the states from 89 - to late 93 but stayed in production in Japan until 99. There are many sought after parts that are readily available.

I hope this sways someones judgement if they are considering. I think Cleck is nuts for selling personally. But, he is making a decision and I respect that.

That being said: GLWS. I would love to see this put to good use even more so.

:tup:

I don’t even want to sell it, that’s how much this sucks. I just have to.

That being said, what you said about the car is true. I bought the car after test driving it once, even seeing what sad shape it was in. Hell for the first month or two I owned it, I didn’t even have a radio, working switches or security in the car. The turbo provided any and all the noise I needed.

If by some miracle I can get rid of the datsun, I’d love to take this off your hands. GLWS

guys, dont worry about bumping this thread…no one wants this car at all…im doing him a favor by potentially buying it from him lol.

btw, i have a feeling its gonna be a while before i see anything for my audio stuff (see my thread in OT) but im trying…

Not sure if I know how to understand that, lol. Just a bad time to sell it is all.

Just watched your video (been following your thread), that’s really really shitty man.

Don’t worry if you can’t, I’ll keep it if it doesn’t sell and just use my tax money to catch up. I’ll manage.

sry, it was bad sarcasm on my part…lol i just really want this car. (well, an mr2 turbo that i know a little bit of history on)

gl though…i definitely know what its like needing money and no one buying…i had the celica for sale for a few months and ended up dropping it down way below what i know its worth just so i could sell it…only for the seller to back out because i havent had it for 3 months.

Ah ok, yeah I gotcha. One night I dropped it way lower than I’m listing it and the kid that previously wanted it flaked out on me and said he blew all his money fixing his frigging laptop. Man I was pissed but relieved I wasn’t going to have to sell it so low too.

Buuuuuuuuump

Tax season bump!

so i know its been a while, but im still waitin on something from the insurance co. They said monday if i dont get a call from them to call them to finish it up, if they dont have a check ready to go for me im going to court. however, tax returns could take care of it :wink:

Damn, lengthy process eh?

Take your time, it’s not going anywhere and I’m getting less and less inclined to sell it due to the lack of offers which is understandable. I’m this close to keeping it and just driving it the way it is this year and putting some money into it next year, clean it up a bit. All I really gotta do is replace the t-stat and I think it’ll be fine temp wise.