1992 240sx

Question about buying, theres a 92 240sx red, 5speed for sale out my way, but its got 223xxxkm on it. is it worth buying or do ka24s die out quick? neeeds body work, strut work, asking price is $2200

That’s cheap. Snap it up.

pictures ? body condition ? rust ?

thats the thing, i havent seen it yet, im just wondering wht i can expect from a ka24 after 223000km, engine swap needed or what? wether its a ka24de or ka24e im not sure, but its a 92 so id hazard to guess its a de…but yeah…im not all that familiar with 240s.

I just picked up a 91 (so de as well) with 217k on it and it had been sitting for awhile and it still pretty much passed inspection flawlessly (except for the master cylinder). Its still a peppy and responsive engine that pulls well. Ka24s are built to last. My guess is it needs some pretty hefty body work such as rust repair but you should definitely look into it, good price for a 92.

My KA24DE had close to 280 K on it, and it ran well. Flavio bought it and it was apparently in excellent mechanical condition.

WAS is the key word. I have seen some that have been boosted at 100,000 MILES and have been that way for about 20,000 MILES and they are still holding together just fine.

alright then, ill have to give the guy a call.

well i can personally tell you that i am close too 500k on my nissan and it runs quite and strong still