What's the fair price for a KA24DE?

I’m a newbie here, and want to do a 95-98 gen 240sx project.

For a good condition KA24DE with around 200k and auto tranny, what’s the fair price for the combo?

Also, is it worth to buy a rusty 240sx as a project?

Thanks in advance.

^ you should introduce yourself first

and then search.

If you want a KA in decent condition, expect to pay $250-400, maybe $100 more if you want a 5 spd. with it. An auto shouldn’t cost much to buy since there is little demand for them. Its sad that the previous owner of my car spent $1800 to rebuild my transmission, and I’m willing to let it go for like $150. I just got the fucker swapped for a 5 spd. lol The auto would go for MUCH less, assuming someone even wanted to buy it, if it had 200k on it, but it doesn’t. From my perspective, it’s just taking up space in the basement. Bottom line, don’t settle for a high mileage auto, when you could get a rebuilt one CHEAP from me.

As for buying a rusty car, I’d say avoid it if you have big future plans for the car. If its going to be a daily, cosmetic rust shouldn’t be an issue, just make sure the frame rails and rad support are good. Rust proof it too. It helps. Go to Krown Lakeshore, they did my car for a good price.

For rust repairs, hit up draggone (Stephen) on this forum. He welds in new sheetmetal after grinding out all the rust followed by fiberglassing and primer, all for a decent price too. You’d be better off structurally/cosmetically and even financially to get a car with little to no rust to begin with, so this is just a semi-solution if you decide to get a rusty one.

Hope that helps. Sorry for the long post, but when I ask a question on SON, I expect a thorough and detailed response. I try to do the same when someone asks. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. Sorry not to introduce myself.

I used to drive an Integra GSR, and now I’m driving a RSX.

My plan is to keep the RSX as a dd, and then buy a 240 as a weekend project car.

I personally hate rust in guts. But it’s just too hard to find a clean stock 240 to work on. Well, I guess the best solution is keep searching.

Find the intro thread. New Users Section

If you want really clean cars you can bring them in from the states if you want to go that serious. If you don’t like rust search extensively and wait for that clean Canadian car.

Or just do what everyone is doing now and buy a 180sx, i can name 3 people off the top of my head thats found them for cheap over the last 4-5 months

For free

only chicken burger and waffle fries are fo free

ill tell you right now if ur mechanicly inclined… go ahead and do it… if ur not… keep saving for a better one…

i’d pay up to 500 for a 10/10 KA. and by 10/10 i mean, it comes with harness, ecu, oem clutch, trany, all accesseries, sensors, compression tested, 150 or less km’s, and visually be extremly clean.

KA’s are everywhere, just gotta look and ask around, son is the last place u should be looking…

edit: please dont pay for an auto trany, there thrown in the garbage and given away for free all day. a freshly rebuilt trany i’d pay like 50-100 for if i was ever looking for an auto but other than that, there just a waste of space to 99.99% of ppl

^Exactly, the only reason I kept my auto is because it was rebuilt, and I have the receipt in the glove compartment.

Are you that ricer in thats always at timmies with the riced out beige rsx…please just stick to hondas/acuras.

NVM thought you were someone else…lol

Let’s not start a bandwagon.

I didn’t buy my car just to buy it, I bought it cause I was tired of dealing with my other car and its “not so mint condition”.

HUNT. search…fucking everywhere. I looked for damn 7 months…maybe more. And my s13 is STILL not 100% condition. Yet for 270,000kms. It is in amazing shape. But be prepared to spend good cash when you find one in good shape. I dished just shy of 4 g’s

No drank? :/: