KA24E Rebuild or KA24DE Swap & Rebuild

heyy guys, i currently have 290,000 kms on my ka24e and shes still going good … i was thinking about rebuilding my ka24e next summer, what do i need to rebuild? Any kits lying around? Where in mississauga could i get this motor rebuilt for a good price?

Now if i decide to grab a ka24de, what would i need to complete the swap into my 1990 240sx? Also if there are any rebuild kits out there and how much would it cost for the rebuild.

any advice is gladly appreciated :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks

1990 Nissan 240sx KA24E (N/A)

draggone uses e-bay pistons work pretty good and ask him where he got his motor done i cant rememebr the name but he said it was a good price

rebuilding your ka-e is not really worth it. the rebuild will probably cost you round 2 grand BEFORE the re and re. for that money you may as well buy an sr for a little bit more money. you could probably buy one and installed for just under 4g’s. or you could by another ka-e as a spare for next to nothing and when you blow yours just slap in another one. just my 2 cents.

peace

Waste of money, like said above. Unless you wanna go with some bad ass build. That would be pretty cool I guess.

Love my setup, sr? why would I swap that in for?

i don’t think he wants to go turbo, just a stright rebuild no? kat are superior to sr’s IF they are built and tuned properly. but that cost more than an sr swap.

peace

ya im not lookin to go turbo … i jus want a clean, rebuilt ka24e engine … reason why i dont want to go turbo or sr because i will be saving up for a
350z starting next summer … if i cud get my hands on a ka24de & rebuild that and swap it into my car, it be better

well i got quoted from varun in the summer for an s13 sr20 blacktop with all stock parts n installation for $4500 … im not dishing out that cash into an almost 19 year old car … if i had lets say, an s14 95-96 with no rust then fukin right, id go s14 sr20 np lol … jus i have bigger n better plans … like i mentioned b4, im saving up for a 350z n then ill be investing into that car … i jus want my 240sx to last me for another 3-4 years without putting a lot into it … ive already started doing the suspension it which is key for now …

try the vendor TorontoJDM they sell sr20det for $1800 complete

and any shop will install it for $1000

ya true, i checked into that b4 but they’re not tested for compression like varun’s engines are, thats why he asks for a bit more cuz he knows his engines are in good running order

well for now, im just looking to either rebuild my ka-e or grab a ka-de n rebuild that one … if by the time next summer rolls around and if my car is well maintained, then i might consider an sr. big maybe. like i said in my previous replies in this thread, i want to start saving up for a 350z starting next summer … we’ll have to wait & see lol

Save your money and do something worth while doing, if you want to stick to a KA get a KA24DE rebuild it and slap a turbo on it. If your not stuck on a KA go with an SR, you won’t be sorry.

just find a low km KA24DE in good condition and swap that in. it’s an easy swap and you get a bit more powerful motor. IMO they’re better than single cams, i have had a lot less problems with twin cams.

the engine will be a couple hundred, another couple hundred for misc parts, fluids, etc you need to complete the swap. all said and done you’ll have it in for under $500.

I love this quote… comparing a BUILT ka to an sr… tisk tisk… when will you fan boys learn?

:wink:

To the OP, don’t waste your cash or a shops time, just drop in a KADE and be done with it. A truly fun and reliable motor in NA form.

i here ya. if i were you save your money and just do what simplemind said, when yours blows or starts to give trouble then just slap in a low km kade. they are not hard to swap and can be done for cheap. the only problem is low km kade are becoming hard to come by. good luck man and i hope you score that 350z next year.

peace

ya thats what i want to do, swap in a ka24de, rebuild it, maybe put a dc sports header on it with a hi flow cat from magnaflow 3" n i already have my apexi n1 exhaust plus an aem cold air intake, maybe some new camshafts, a fidanza flywheel and a stage 1 act heavy duty clutch set … ill be happy with that …

eh simplemind thats exactly what i want done … i jus need to find a place here in mississauga or areas in toronto that have low km KA24DE’s and swap it … maybe even rebuild it (like pistons n camshafts, etc) … so u figure it will go for about $500 for everything stock (the engine + the swap + the misc. parts & fluids) … ?

I’m rebuilding my KA24DE, I love it, even though I’m getting 17mpg and consuming a litre of oil per week…lol

If you’re not going turbo, just find a low km motor…a rebuild is very expensive.

Oh ya? Nice! Is it hard to find a low km KA24DE lying around?
How much you talking about when you its expensive? A few G’s?
Ya i get roughly around the same mileage with KA24E, about 400-450 km a week but it has 290,000 kms on her LOL

$500 if you do it yourself.

a million dollars more if you pay someone to do it.