1993 Talon TSi AWD

It has a low mileage JDM N/A motor with all the turbo stuff bolted to it.
Car also has a 2G exhaust manny, O2 extension, and a 3" turboback exhaust. It has a VDO boost gauge, and I will throw in a FMIC (core w/ endtanks, no piping). Already has winter tires on it, so you’re good to go in that aspect.
I drove it… twice, for very short distances. It is seriously fast. The high comp motor spools the turbo instantly. I’ve been in various SR’s, KA-T’s, 13B-Ts, this car pulls harder.

Problems with it are: Rust in front driver’s side fender, nowhere else. Spoiler is missing.
The car emits some blue smoke after boosting, and then goes back to normal. Now, I have two theories about this. This motor has been sitting for god knows how long, so it has deposits built in up in it, so it just needs to run for a bit to burn it off. OR, turbo seals could be blown. The turbo was good when it was put on, and the car has not even been driven for a complete day since, so I think the turbo is okay. I took it to e-test, but it failed, because the damn thing doesn’t have a cat, it is running a test pipe. Oddly enough, it got shockingly close to passing without the cat :smiley:
Either way, I was on various forms of crack when I got this car, because it is definitely not the right car for me. If you get a blind e-test, you’ll have a solid awd winter beater with winter tires to boot. Even if the seals on the turbo are no good, the car is very driveable, and if you want to change it, turbos for this car are basically free.
It is a DSM however, and they are supposed to be inherently unreliable cars, I work full time, and am ridiculously busy, so I can’t deal with it.

$1500 Just get this fvcking thing out of my driveway :smiley:
I am also interested in trading for various shitboxes you may have. Just no project cars please, something that will pass e-test & cert. I need to drive it, not wrench on it.

Oh yea, for reference, the piece of shit lying scum that doesn’t deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us, named Jay Peterson (spooolin on this board) was selling it for $3500, with a bunch of shit broken on it, which I subsequently spent $1500 to fix. You are basically getting this car for free.
His FS thread: http://son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32416

doesnt blue smoke say that the rings are bad?

this would make an awsome winter car for any one intrested

ill throw in a mint 2G turbo for FREE for any one that buys this

i agree

Blue smoke means oil. There are a bunch of different places it can come from. On an N/A car, the rings would be the first suspect, but on a turbo car, it would be the turbo oil seals. The turbo is located downstream of the engine, so if there is some oil, it would get burnt up by the heat, and come out the back end. Also, I believe if it is the rings, it would still do it when not boosting, where as this car only smokes under boost conditions.

wanna trade for a 1994 jeep grand cherokee v8, with sum nice big baha tires ? let me knw

Blue smoke can also be valve seals. Which is what was wrong on my turbo talon YEARS ago. Not a fun job but it can be done with the right tools.

try changing your valve cover gaskets i had the same prob with my 92 which i got from same guy as solarian on the same day lol and ill take that turbo off your hands pantaloons how much u want for it

Okay, as of yesterday the car no longer smokes under boost! Someone came to test drive it, and it ran beautifully, I guess it finally managed to burn off all the deposits from having sat there for god knows how long.

Red 2 Door Tercel
250km, 5 speed, no rust, was driven by my grandmother then my uncle, just passed down to me because my ex took my PGT

would you be willing to do the catalytic and the paperwork for money?

Whats the bare minimum in cash you’d take?

Is that other guy still throwing in the free turbo ( just in case )

I’m too lazy to do the cat & papers because the car isn’t plated, and I’d have to get temp plates, and maybe even take time off work to get it done. If I ended up doing all that, I’d prolly just keep the damn thing.
I’m very interested in the Tercel, as it is exactly what I need, a cheap car, that’s dirty cheap on gas. As for cash, I don’t think I’d take anything under $1200
You can ask Pantaloons about the turbo, but as I said previously, the smoking is completely gone now, and the car runs perfect. I did notice that second gear grinds a bit if you shift it fast/normally, but is fine if you baby it. Everything else on the car is in really good shape. The suspension/steering feels great, no clunks, play, anything. The brakes grab really hard, and when the other guy was test driving it, we hit 110 on the tiny street by my house.

I noticed a crack in the top corner of the windshield yesterday. Dunno if this affects safety, as it is only in that top tinted band. I’ll take a pic when I get home tonight to show you what I mean.

I think it will only affect safety if it is in the path of the wipers.

from what I remember, on the actual safety certification sheet, there is nothing that indicates windshield…a dealership pointed it out to my bro as we were buying a car where we demanded the windshield be replaced due to a small chip…they replaced it but…just so the potential buyer knows…

CAR IS GONE, I HAS CASH! w00t

FUCK I wanted this…now im stranded with a Tercel…swine

Man, I wanted your Tercel too. I’ll buy it actually if you’ll sell it for cheap.