1994 lt1 vett overheating issue

[quote=“joelster,post:20,topic:34522"”]

Does it boil over after running for about 10 minutes, and piss coolant everywhere?

[/quote]

no , it just heats up to 260 it got overheated once but luckily nothing broke i beleive hes just going to get her a new waterpump because its his mom aka my aunt but thanks for your help guys ill let you know if that helps

lolz at the links

if its anything like the f body sensor, the inside gauge is just a dummy gauge. my LT1 was showing like 260 on the dash, but my scan master only read 230. i changed thermostat and bled the system out ( it is a stubborn cunt and i wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t fully bleed all the air out) use the bleeder screw and fill it with the cap off, if you fill it in the reservoir your just pissing in the wind. fill it before the t-stat opens and again after… assuming it is opening.

^ hes done that i was actually there when he did, also this might determine if its the pump, does the car have to be running for the pump to run?

edit im a retard

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:25,topic:34522"”]

…yes its driven by a belt.

unless it has any electric one then no.

[/quote]

Ugh… LT1 water pumps are driven off a stub shaft which is geared and driven directly off the camshaft. (have you ever worked on an LT1?)

:wtf: where did the pulley go for the belt?

[quote=“speedped79,post:24,topic:34522"”]

does the car have to be running for the pump to run?

[/quote]

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:25,topic:34522"”]

…yes its driven by a belt.

unless it has any electric one then no.

[/quote]

are you serious

[quote=“J&J,post:26,topic:34522"”]

Ugh… LT1 water pumps are driven off a stub shaft which is geared and driven directly off the camshaft. (have you ever worked on an LT1?)

[/quote]

+1

ive been working on LS1’s too long.

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:28,topic:34522"”]

[/quote]

1997 [COLOR=black]30th ann. Z/28 Camaro FOR SALE

GO LOOK UNDER THE HOOD OF YOUR OWN CAR!
[/COLOR]

haha the links bring up a LS1 pump, me and shwan were just talking about them. He fixed it.

thats a lot of belt knowledge for someone who has a hell of a time with procharger belts.

is that why i got laughed at when i told him it was a circular electric pump? and had to run to autozone and double check which the right pump is ass

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:28,topic:34522"”]

[/quote]

noob, I see you not knowing all the bolt sizes still.

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:31,topic:34522"”]

thats a lot of belt knowledge for someone who has a hell of a time with procharger belts.

[/quote]

Hey dipshit I have no problem with procharger belts. You sure you wanna go there?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

[quote=“speedped79,post:32,topic:34522"”]

is that why i got laughed at when i told him it was a circular electric pump? and had to run to autozone and double check which the right pump is ass

[/quote]

So hers is an aftermarket Electric pump? or the stock Shaft-driven one?

I’d also suggest checking the output of the sensors like was recommended; I had that issue but in reverse. My gauge was reading correctly, but the prior owner of my car hacked the PCM temp sensor wires with crimp connectors and no weather protection so they corroded out and the PCM was seeing engine temps all over the place (and causing it to run like shit; took me MONTHS to find this issue…)

:rofl:

[quote=“FBodyMadnezz,post:31,topic:34522"”]

[/quote]