f-body guys, want some advice

So i have been having some serious overheating issues in my 94 camaro. I did a new waterpump drove it for 400 miles or so then it started to over heat again. After some investigation i found out my impeller stopped spining again. Turns out the driver coming of the cam stripped it self somehow. So my options are to either replace the driver which is 175 bucks get another new waterpump since that gear is stripped and a new coupler. it will be about 300 bucks all said and done and a lot of work. Or i could just go with an electric one, which is the way im leaning towards now. let me know your opinions on my situation…

PM 88slowmarro he is the resident LT1 guru and might have some good used stuff to save you some $$$. My 2 cent opinion is that I wouldn’t trust an aftermarket electric pump on something driven on the street.

i do have one man . , if ya want it ya can have it

They updated the drive for the water pump but I think you have to use the newer style timing gear as well or something. Again, slomarrow is the man. He knows more about LT1s then most of us know about women.

the w/p drive is the same between alll models . the dizzy drive is what changed

OIC. I thought they had changed both. I have heard of these stripping out before.

i had one drop on me as well , i just did a elec pump thats how i have one avail lol , actually i have more than one i think

So do I, I run a EWP. Gutted all that shit, run a double roller TC, carry a summit spare EWP to swap out my Meziere incase it craps out

You would. Cant trust that silly little key at RPMs over 6k. The LT1 made the electric water pumps popular. LoL.

i have the opti 1 in mine so i have to rrun the lt1 style timing set .

electric it is then! LOL, what a pain in the ass this has become. My first idea was to just start jb welding shit together until i realized that when my opti goes again im fucked :lol

ya dont wanna elec pump dude , esp if ya drive it allll the time . sure they say ya can do it but i wouldnt man