Heating issues 01.5 Passat

I brought Yoritas Passat to Inline Performance to have her heat looked at. I got a call from Seamus saying that it needs a timing belt and a water pump. I know it needs it. Its almost 40kmi over the recommend mileage.

My question is will a bad water pump cause the heat to not work? I know older OEM VW water pumps have the plastic impeller that separates from the spline. I had to replace one on my MK3 Jetta.The car doesnt overheat at all. Im thinking it may just be a clogged heater core. I also know the timing belt needs to be done BAD.

Any help is greatly welcomed

sell it

MAybe needs 2k worth of work

deff sell it in that case lol

yes. waterpump impellar broken = no heatz bro. if it werent winter it would over heat when you start driving, and at idle temp would be fine.

edit, for 2k you better get a reach around. a timing belt job shouldn’t run more than 600$ or so…

drive car to waynes little shop of horror, or tow if needed. ill AAA for you myself if its seriously 2 grand for a timing belt/wp job!!

Yeah. Not gunna be 2gs. F that noise.

Which engine? 2.8 or 1.8? Could just be a thermostat, which is also changed in a timing belt service.

If the water pump was bad it would overheat, not underheat.

Inline quoted me 1k for timing belt and another 1k for the ABS module

OUCH!

If it needs the timing belt and water pump anyway you might as well get that done. Then see what happens. Definitely get the thermostat done as well. If still no heat then check heater core for a clog. ask GermanPSI for further info on heater core service.

OMG THOSE PRICES ARE REDICCCCCCCC

Hahahga does the heat work when you rev it?

the impellers are plastic and they break. i had that happen on my 1.8t golf and its a common thing with those water pumps

Is that 1k including diag time? I know labor time is either 4 or 5 hours, so a grand does seem a bit high.

Reminds me of skateshelters quote for his sti rebuild. =p

low blow, but + rep

we do t/belt w/pumps for far under a grand and that is with new drive belts

I’ll do it for a few hunge

then do it faggot

Dont you normally replace the waterpump when you do timing belts on those?

Yes