VOLKSWAGEN PEOPLE, Need some advice

SO, my girlfriends 2004 Passat 1.8t is dicked. From what shes told me, it started making weird noises, then shut off and dumped the coolant. The oil was also low. I got it towed to the shop she bought it from, and they said it definitely needs a new timing belt but not sure what the root cause is. I’m thinking water pump seized, stripped the teeth on the timing belt, car overheated?? Also, if the timing belt failed im guessing there might be bent valves.

WTF SHOULD I DO.

Pony up the benji’s

Truthfully she probably drove it for 3 weeks with it making noise but like most typical women didn’t pay attention to it and only noticed an issue when the car jerked to a sudden stop, causing her to fuck up the makeup she was applying.

time for a new car

ahhhh dickered bud

Sell it

So you’re not gay? :dunno

He’s gay.

The girlfriend part is very confusing to me.

bring it to waynes, he loves gasser VW’s… :rofl

srsly buy a new car

tell it again…

time for a new car, that’s a complete waste of time and money putting a new timing belt and water pump into a car that just slipped the timing. things fucked. new engine or new car

Buy her a new Civic.
Show her how to check the oil.
Tell her to check it once a week.
Retire.

hai :gay

:rofl:rofl

Yeaaa, that’s what I figured

She needs to get a old chevy with a 350 in it.

Also, now that I have the truck, I really have no desire to mess with old turd daily drivers lolol. It really is time for me to retire

1: call Eric at crc
2: get car towed to crc
3: pick car up repaired and drop off some $$$
4: receive multiple handys from girl for fixing her car

Timing belt, water pump, head gasket, head bolts and a used head… Should cost just under 500 or so you doing the work

typical 1.8T story. hit up Pete. he had a motor IIRC. it should have a good head and what not.

Thanks guys! Depending the labor cost at CRC I may just go to them for peace of mind and so my gf doesn’t blame me if something else goes wrong. If it was my car I’d definitely do it myself.

Fuck those 1.8 just send it

sell that VW pile and buy something with a chain instead of a belt