question

any of you guys know how to tell if a water pump is bad or not my car keeps over heating i replaced all but the themostat and water pump im just hoping its not the head gasket

Well if your motor is pumping water (coolent) then the pump isnt bad but the thermostat is a good guess also how old is your rad. cap?? When you pop your hood do you ever hear pressure leaking anywhere ??? If you do could be the cap or a cracked rad. Also check all your hoses 2-3 times thats when I finally seem to find the problem. Now to check if its the head gasket just check your oil or coolent. If either or is mixed in then its blown. AKA no oil residue in the coolent and no coolent floating in your oil. Mind you the coolent is easier to check than oil unless your doing a change. Also check around the head to see if anything is leaking out. It is possible to only blow the corner of the gasket out and leave air into you coolent chambers but with that you should have a leak on the side of the head as a give away.

Anything else man just ask or pm me back I will try to help.

What exactly did you replace? Not that many parts to replace other than the thermostat, waterpump and a couple hoses. What car is this on anyway?

lol its a gt starlet…mwhahahaha

better known as the red devil

Nevermind. Just set the damn thing on fire now Mike :booty:

haha its about that point in the cars life to ended. but i need a something to drive in the mean time you to know of anything decent i can get right now.

What i replaced was the radiator, hoses and thermostat, i flushed the system and got a new cap as well

Probably the water pump, didn’t we discuss this a while back? BTW Paseo Mike, I’m the creator of your car in case you didn’t realize it was me. :naughty:

yes i had figured that out, and i guess i will take that off this week and replace it