1995 V6 Mustang -Partout??

Ok, I’m not really expecting someone on here to scoop this up but I figured, why not post it up. I know its not worth much, and personally, I’ve always hated mustangs. I got this as a trade and need it gone.

What I really want to know is, am I dreaming trying to get at least $2k for it?

Just rolled over to 120k (got it at 114k), tons of new parts including PS rack. 5spd, A/C blows cold. True dual exhaust w/flowmasters and cats. '95 cobra wheels w/good tires. Its lowered and has BBK camber/caster plates. Aftermarket fender flares & cobra strut bar.
None of the problems are really that apparent when driving it every day.

All the Little Problems:
-Underbody has a decent amount of rust but its not horrible.
-Left tailpipe was just redone, but right has a hole close to where it meets the muffler. The muffler and its outlet are fine though.
-Parking brake auto-adjust is messed up.
-Rear defrost has broken filaments(someone must have removed some tint)
-Left side was hit by a snow plow, then again by a WRX. Damage was only to fender, door, and pillar trim piece. Door was replaced and I repaired fender and trim piece(I’ll try to get pics, the paintwork was amateur but not that bad and I have more base left, so it can be fixed)
-2nd gear rattle since I’ve owned it. Someone probably didn’t know how to drive but I’ve never had an issue with it. No grinds or anything like that.

thoughts??

You should easily be able to fetch $2k for this. Maybe posting pictures of damage would help for potential buyers.

That would be an awesome winter bomber. GLWS

Thanks for the replies, I’ve got my girlfriend’s camera now so I’ll take pics of the repair tomorrow. The paint looks really bad in a small area, but from a distance its fine. The door is also not aligned quite right but it looks fine.
Someone with a little autobody competence could make it good as new in a day.

Anybody know how to get the parking brake to work on one of these things? The cables are fine.

The car is really dirty in these pics, that’s why the door looks horrible. It also wouldn’t close when I put it on so I just shimmed the lower hinge. I’m sure its an easy fix. Needs to be buffed, but paint should probably be fixed first.

And here you can really see the messed up part. I broke through the primer when I was smooth sanding it, and it was getting late so I just sprayed it. Paint really didn’t like the surface. But its not bad from a distance. I have the little horse trim piece that goes on the fender.

Got a phone number? I know someone who would be interested

I’m driving a GVR4 this winter so I have absolutely no use for this car. Just changed the oil, and its still on the road for another week or two.
I’ll probably put it up on ebay when I get some time.
I need it gone I’m broke!

After sitting since the 1st, the car started right up yesterday. The only real interest I get involves middle-aged women taking it in to Sears or Monro Muffler to get it checked out. This has never gone well for me so I figured I would stay one step ahead so I got Monro’s free general inspection today and the guy was actually knowledgeable and showed me every problem underneath the car:

-Needs pinion seal
-Needs axle seals
-Needs rear main seal
-Needs new front sway bar bushings
-Brand new reman. PS rack is already leaking from one of the boots(barely)
-Aftermarket subframe connector rotting
-Exhaust is in slightly worse shape than I thought. Left side isn’t bad but the right side looks cracked before the muffler, and he put a clamp on for me. There’s a hole after the muffler. Both flowmaster mufflers are in good shape though.

Then add that:
-Parking brake doesn’t work (maybe calipers or auto adjuster)
-Rear defrost doesn’t work (broken filaments)
-2nd gear rattle (never caused a problem)
-Dr. Fender Ugliness (just needs repaint and door alignment, bodywork is pretty good)
-Underbody has rust that isn’t quite rotting yet (some POR15 would stop it in its tracks)
-Front left tire low tread
-Pass. mirror cracked (I might order the $25 replacement)
-Some of the plastic clips that hold the center part of the dash in are broken

That’s it. There shouldn’t be a single other problem although it will obviously be sold as is. You will know exactly what you are getting. I don’t feel like wasting my time out in the cold working on this car so make me an offer, as long as its not a super-low-ball offer. A couple weekends and the car could be back to top shape.

I’m thinking about parting this thing out. Someone offered me $500 for the wheels plus a set of the gt wheels that came on this year.
Do you guys think I could get close to $1500 in parts?
V6 engine prob won’t get much although its runs great
Trans has a rattle in 2nd and prob wouldn’t get much anyway
Hood, hatch, and both doors, and right fender are straight with no rust.
Bumpers and whatnot are ok, paint isn’t perfect.
Taillights and headlights are in ok but not great shape.
Exhaust is rusty but very useable and the cats and flowmaster mufflers are good.
Dash is in great shape, seats are alright. Every plastic piece is there, just some broken tabs and one messed up vent.
I could sell the GT wheels, Cobra Strut Bar, BBK plates.
Shame because the A/C works and everything, but the underbody is quite rusty and no one is interested in paying more than $1500 for this car. I also don’t feel like wasting my time fixing the problems since no one cares.
What do you guys think about this? Anybody need sn95 parts, or is there no market?

If you can get that for the wheels you should jump on that . I had a bid in on those exact rims off a 94 cobra with 17k on it perfect they went for $360 my max was $350 and I wasnt home to see it end . You wont get anything for the motor , but the body will make a couple bux . The 5 lug swap is worth some cash I think I payed $350 for mine off a 96 v6 car . My 2 cents

Anyone need a DD and want to trade for a project car that’s actually good? Almost anything RWD or AWD. Or dsm parts or something?

dont let the leaks discourage you, every older winter beater car leaks from every fucking seal

i lose like 3 qts of whatever everday in my winter car, top it off once a month, been runnin great for 2 years