FS/Feeler: 92' Mustang 5.0

I havent even had the car for TOO long, but ive been thinking alot lately of trying something different… The car is at my parents house currently garaged for the winter, but im going to take pictures next time im over there. I know this is a bad time to sell a mustang, but im just checking interest, however a good time to work on a car.

1992 5.0 V8 Mustang.
-5spd Manual.
-Not sure exact mileage, but PRETTY SURE 79k original miles.
-No major scratches
-VERY VERY small hole in passenger seat, and 1 out of 2 horn buttons on steering wheel is missing, otherwise flawless interior.

Cosmetic:
-16in Cobra “R” Rims
-GT Sideskirts
-Fiberglass dual scoop Hood w/hood pins.

Performance:
-Summit Racing shorty headers
-Pacesetter off-road h pipe
-Flowmaster catback exhaust
-4:11 rear end gear ratio
-Cold air intake
-Slotted front rotors
-Clutch feels like aftermarket clutch, but I didnt install and was not informed about a new clutch when I bought it. But grabs very hard

New Parts(Installed):
-Battery
-Battery Terminals + Wires
-Starter
-Starter Solenoid
-Ignition Wires
-Front wheel bearings

New Parts(In Box):
-Rear Drums, shoes, and hardware
-Driveshaft U-Joints
-Front Ball joints
-E-Brake cables

Looking to get $6500 obo. Im not in any rush to sell.
Only pictures I have:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/SmigzHimself/IMG_1444.jpg

EDIT: Infamous cky89 video

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l262/larrybalducci/th_MOV01009.jpg

GLWS. price seems a bit high though IMO.

Agreed, but the body seems to be pretty clean although you can’t judge paint on foxbodies with pictures.

I wouldnt pay more than $3500-4000 for a car like this, especially at this time of the year.

Keep it and sell it in the spring, or buy some parts off me and go fast :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have any more pictures? Front end, interior, underbody?

Make sure you post your ad on Corral.net, Stangnet.net, etc.

How wide are the wheels? What size tires do you have on there? If they are what I’m looking for then I would like to trade them for my 17" Cobra wheels.

i wasnt going to say that, but agreed.

Paint was redone within the past year. Rims are 16x8.
I plan on taking many more pictures, my parents just live around 45 mins
away. I cant remember my tire size off hand, but im not looking for trade to
a bigger rim. Thanks though.

I don’t mean to bash his sale in any way, but thats the reality in the foxbody world.

But hey, I would do the same thing if I wasn’t in the rush to sell. You never know, an older guy that wants a clean stock summer car might jump all over this.

very true. looking back i would have rather spent more money than had to deal with “fixing” a lot of stuff.

When did you buy this car? Where did the previous owner live? Garage kept?

Any problems with the car? Do you have a carfax? What color is the interior and dash?

nice car but a bit steep on the price, my buddy wants that much for his convertible that has alot more done to it and the interior is all done up as well but glws

I bought it in May of this past year. (2007). The owner lived in Grand Island, and from what im told it was garage kept. No carfax, and all problems either have been fixed, or I have the parts to fix just not installed yet. Interior is Black/Grey cloth not leather.

So what problems are there with the car?

How is the underbody? Shock towers look like they’re starting to rust.

How are the door hinges?

The problems are No e-brake, rear brakes are ready to go, Shifter shakes going in high speeds. Checked it out myself, and had the guys at the shop check it out too… U-joints on driveshaft need to be replaced. Door hinges are fully functional and clean. Were painted when the car was repainted. Underbody is clean, and shock tower rust is extremely minimal.

If you get anywhere near 6500 for this car let me know.

i have a nice bridge for sale.

Not trying to bash but if you are serious you need to be more realistic about a price.

Well it is OBO. And im not in any rush to sell. Coming from someone still trying to sell the supra project… I guess I know of that same bridge.

Im not going to argue with you but I will say that atleast my price is reasonable and fair market value for the car.

I have also had 4 fox bodies in my life and they were cleaner than yours with similar miles with a ton of bolt ons and I was hard pressed to get 4500 out of them.

From a fox body expert … $4500 is gonna be tops …

I’m sure everyone understands almost every sale is OBO, but you probably would get offended if someone offered you $3000.

Lets see some more pics.

If it was cleaner than mine, it must have been right from the dealer in 1992. The reason I said OBO was because if I say $6500 and it sells for less I wont be disappointed. But if I say $5000 and it sells for $3000 id be more upset with it.

send me a PM with your bottom dollar, I might be in the market
Thanks

:WTF:

Derrick’s notch was cleaner and more rare and he sold his for $3500.