1996 cobra w/ a 351c put into it?

alright i dont’ know much about mustangs or fords in general, but i’ve swaped a 350 into a S-10 and built a couple of engines, so i’m not a complete newbe

anyway one of my friends her and her fiance broke up, he was putting a 351 cleveland into a body of a '96 cobra(her car)
i looked it over and things that i look like i need are
motor mounts
drive shaft
ignition
headers

the motor mounts, are 351 cleveland and 351 winsor mounts the same? if so i was thinking of using '95 cobra mounts(351w)

drive shaft i’m assuming will have to be custom made

ignition probally going to go with accel or MSD

headers i have no idea what will fit the engine

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

George

pics of chic,then info will come!:smiley:

i don’t have any pics of the friend i’m helping, but for all the leg humpers heres a pic of my girl

http://img278.echo.cx/img278/6167/dscn03521fa.th.jpg

got any more?

try laural mt stang,724-696-9666 ask for Lou or try his site www.steelcitystangs.com:smiley:

The mounts are the same between the windsor and cleveland. You may need to do some modification to the hood/fenders. the cleveland heads and top of the engine is a lot bigger than the windsor. Headers should be pretty easy to find, fitting them in the engine bay may be a little more challenging.

Have a mustang here with cleveland in it. Can stop by if you need to look at it to take measurements. i am fairly close to you. But do so soon as I am taking the motor out soon to build an aluminum headed stroker cleveland for it:D

personally i wouldnt put no damm cleveland in a fox or sn95. you got alot of work actually. one you should have started with a 94/95 body. since they had windsors in them. 96 to 98 had 4.6s in them. you will need accessories, specific headers, different brake booster, tranny, K member probably, steering rack. waste of time and effort in my opinion

x2 - the windsor is cheaper to build and much easier to find parts for. The performance advantage of the cleveland is just not there for how much BS there is.

for pewter =]
http://img17.echo.cx/img17/7484/dscn03555zl.th.jpg
http://img17.echo.cx/img17/8353/dscn06178gd.th.jpg
http://img17.echo.cx/img17/347/dscn06115sv.th.jpg

to all that said waste of time and effort, winsor is easier, true, but whats more unique =]

bgblockelcamino
can i stop by july 7th? i live in ohio during the summer i go to college in pittsburgh, i’ll be there the 7th of july can i stop by then…LMK

thanks to everyone, any one else, comments or help, both are good to read

hey bgblockelcamino
i’ve been to your shop,lol, i brought a trailer down to pick up the metro for one of my friends,lol
he still aint got it on the road

to all that said waste of time and effort, winsor is easier, true, but whats more unique =]

bgblockelcamino
can i stop by july 7th? i live in ohio during the summer i go to college in pittsburgh, i’ll be there the 7th of july can i stop by then…LMK

thanks to everyone, any one else, comments or help, both are good to read[/QUOTE]

Stop by. Just let me know because the motor may be out of the car by then depending on when the parts come in from Australia.

other notes the cleveland in australia is like the small block chevy here. The cleveland was produced until 1986 down there. They even had a fuel injected model too. I may have access to some cleveland parts namely the australian heads if you are interested.

Fuel injected 351 :yum:

believe it or not the cleveland does run pretty good. The heads are huge, almost as big as BB chevy :eek4: Airflow is not a problem but the bottom end of those motors suck. Check out what the Aussie’s do with those things pretty impressive. They also had a 302 version of the cleveland too.

stick with the windsor. cheaper and easier to build

if you want unique, put an FE in there. put a 390 or 428 in there like the late 60’s mustangs. Even they are easier to build up than a cleveland.

if anything get a 416 and put it in :slight_smile:

ls1 it!@ :boink

That car is badass :beer:

Agreed, and i dont even care for stangs

I think the headers for a fox with a cleveland should work, the engine bays are like totally the same.